Portable Propane Hot Tub

jaredvh

Reaction score
I am considering building a portable hot tub for camping next summer. Anybody ever built anything like this? I would like something that requires as little assembly as possible and would like to heat it off propane as opposed to a coil on the camp fire. If you have one post up some pics!

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen something simalar back in the 90's at okanogen music fest . These guys had a fiberglass truck box insert ,and heated it with a little heater core on a propane BBQ

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
easy peasy, large tarp in box of truck fill with water from stream, heat it in yer firebox, voila redneck hot tub.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with hot tub but does with heating coil..... I had a old camper and no hot water tank. I took some copper pipe and made a few coils. I put rubber hose on the end and hooked it up to the hand water pump from the water tank. Fired up the stove top and had damn near boiling water as fast as I could pump it out. Worked slick as hell.

Now back to the idea....
Are you looking portable knock down? or on a flat bed trailer???

jaredvh

Reaction score
Now back to the idea....
Are you looking portable knock down? or on a flat bed trailer???

I found a couple pretty cool plans for knock down ones, but I am indifferent as to whether it is knock down or on a trailer. Just want something that isnt a pain in the @$$ to set up and that will bring water up to about 100F. I saw one on Kijiji a few months back and I should have got more info from the guy but basically it was a livestock water tank and used a 30lb propane bottle. Thats about all I know.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about a tiger torch, "U" shaped stovepipe assembly, and several feet of 1/2-3/4" copper tubing....coil up the tubing and run it inside the stovepipe. lay the torch inside the end of the stovepipe and crank it up. betcha she would make heat, might not the most efficient heater but quick and easy. pretty much the way a hotsy power washer heater works, it's just a barrel with tubing inside.

jaredvh

Reaction score
Something like this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Haha that looks awesome. I dont mind the idea of a wood fired heater but just seems that propane would be so much easier to control the temperature.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They couldn't get the wood fire to burn well in the oil drum, so they filled it with wood and then ran a tiger torch in it the whole time in order to control the temp. Went through about 30 lbs of propane each night. The water was probably somewhere in the 90-100 degree range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Top Bottom