Popped the beed

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all, I was out playing in the mud yesterday and hit somthing hard enough under the water to pop the beed off my front tire.
I limped the quad home, took the tire off, cleaned it up but could not get the beed to pop back on.
Is there a trick to it? I used a ratchet strap to try to squeeze the sides out but no luck. I ended up taking it to the tire shop.

What can I use if this happens on the trail? Are there any products I should carry on the trail with me? Any help would be cool, you never seem to think of these things till they happen.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
lighter fluid and match

....Guess I should edit this put a little fliud inside tire and light it the air expands real quick putting the bead back on then just pump it up. google it.... i'm sure there is a video on youtube showing it

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lighter fluid and match

....Guess I should edit this put a little fliud inside tire and light it the air expands real quick putting the bead back on then just pump it up. google it.... i'm sure there is a video on youtube showing it

Hehehe, yeah, that thought crossed my mind, lucky I was near home and the trail wasn't to rough.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always carry a can of ether you dump it in the tire toss in a match and POP Bead seated.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a compressor and don't mind getting a little dirty put a thick coat of grease along the tire and rim. The grease will hold in enough air in too pop the bead. Try next time it works well.:D

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
BA..... JUST DO LIKE I DO AND SPEND $100,000.00 ON SHOP EQUIPMENT AND OPEN A SERVICE CENTER, AND VOILA.... YOU CAN FIX ANYTHING, INCLUDING RESEATING TIRE BEADS....LOL:lol::lol2:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
BA..... JUST DO LIKE I DO AND SPEND $100,000.00 ON SHOP EQUIPMENT AND OPEN A SERVICE CENTER, AND VOILA.... YOU CAN FIX ANYTHING, INCLUDING RESEATING TIRE BEADS....LOL:lol::lol2:

all that stuff would sure make your treks thru the trails awfully slow Ric, I like the ether fix :)

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

Do you do quad tires mine has got a leak?

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also .. The ratchet strap thing works. but the trick is as you tighten it push equally around the tire so the strap gets tight all around .. then when inflating make sure you also have the valve stem core out(some ppl don't do this) ratchet it down and while inflating wiggle it if it doesn't start .. slightly lifting it ect. done it on some pretty tough to inflate tires. and it always worked for me.. the ether trick is for on the trail stuff. the strap is much easier.

heck back in the day at the ol tire shop we used this when tires wouldn't start on our machines :p

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the tips, found out the hard way that kawi has a pretty crappy tool kit, be putting a better one in my quad box along with a air compresser asap.

Top Bottom