Popped my 11 pro

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
Just over 2000 km's and broke a skirt... Wtf. One month off warranty. At least I got some good footage on the gopro before it went lol! Oh ya and I bent an a arm... It was an expensive day.

Last edited:

96sherm

Reaction score
Are there any indicators before failure? You all are making me very nervous. I've got 3500+ on mine, wondering why its made it that far. We're planning our mountain trip for the end of janurary, I'm wondering if I should be freshening up the top end now rather than wait for kaboom...

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
Are there any indicators before failure? You all are making me very nervous. I've got 3500+ on mine, wondering why its made it that far. We're planning our mountain trip for the end of janurary, I'm wondering if I should be freshening up the top end now rather than wait for kaboom...
Do your top end sooner than later, my engine ran like a top right till it blew up, compresion was good was pulling 8150 all day.i was less than 1km from the truck after a long mountain ride when it went no warning, deto light came on and it sounded like metal on metal, I'm just lucky my crank didn't eat the broken pieces, I got it shut down right away.

96sherm

Reaction score
I guess I'll start looking into parts and perhaps do a top end before hitting the hills in a month...

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
Check your cylinder skirts for cracks when you have it apart!

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
buy extended warranty and dont worry about it, iv got another 3 years on my 11 and i just got the motor checked out with 3800+km and looked brand new, i guess some people get friday or monday pistons

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Install the the PMS fix kit for the dragons. It will wake those Pros right up!!

wildman

Reaction score
Yup. If you need to do the top end, put the fix in. Did mine at 1300 miles cuz compression was only 90 lbs. Runs great now.

96sherm

Reaction score
buy extended warranty and dont worry about it, iv got another 3 years on my 11 and i just got the motor checked out with 3800+km and looked brand new, i guess some people get friday or monday pistons

I'm going to look into an extended warranty. Mine has been off warranty for a bit, don't know how that will affect the possibility of getting a warranty program. My Father in Law is a small engine mechanic. He thinks I'm better off leaving it alone, maybe run a compression test but don't disturb anything because chances are if its made it this far without incident it will likely be fine for a while...

07grizzly

Reaction score
Took my 2012 apart with 500 miles to do the Slp stage 4 kit and both cylinder skirts had cracks in them. Both cracks were half moon shaped and very hard to see. Slp told me they check all the cylinders off the pros that come in. Lucky enough to get it warranty. Then sent out the brand new cylinders for porting!

Reaction score
im looking at a used one with 3600km kinda scared now, i thought polaris had their engines figured out thats why i was gonna make the switch from my pos doo's :ohwell:

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 11 and 12 used cyls for sale in good shape. Put the fix kit on and run it.

96sherm

Reaction score
im looking at a used one with 3600km kinda scared now, i thought polaris had their engines figured out thats why i was gonna make the switch from my pos doo's :ohwell:

Honestly I think I'd sooner buy one with 3600 kms than with less than 2000kms. It seems that breakages seem to be happening around or before that 2000kms mark. Like I've said before, I'm at around that 3600kms and have no indications that there is an issue. I'm even leary about intruding into the motor to "inspect" it at this point. If it hasn't failed yet, maybe I'm doing something different than others and will have many more miles before needing attention. I would buy that sled if the price was right, and the rest of the sled was solid.

Reaction score
well maybe ill try it then, im just scared cause if it pops im not gonna be able to afford to fix it, whats a top end rebuild typically for these sleds?
the last one on my summit the dealer charged me $2000 and that was with only 250km on the $6500 short block they put in i got ripped off bad, kinda ruined my love for the yellow sleds that and i rode a buddys pro and didnt wanna get off lol

Reaction score
All said and done with taxes those goons charged me close to $7000 yup
ran like a bag they spent no time tuning it at all, top end was done 250km later and because it ran so bad and they would never look at it I quit riding it for a while so when the top end went it was off warrenty the dealer which I should add I used to work for wouldn't even help me out nothing will ever be going back to them and nothing will be bought from them, I have no complaints about my race machine but it's time to get something newer

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All said and done with taxes those goons charged me close to $7000 yup
ran like a bag they spent no time tuning it at all, top end was done 250km later and because it ran so bad and they would never look at it I quit riding it for a while so when the top end went it was off warrenty the dealer which I should add I used to work for wouldn't even help me out nothing will ever be going back to them and nothing will be bought from them, I have no complaints about my race machine but it's time to get something newer

You spent 7 g's on a engine? You couldve parted that sucker out,bought a different sleigh for maybe a g or 2 difference. Not trying to be mean but holy fawk!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom