Polymer running board inserts?

Stevo

Reaction score
Last year I saw some polymer running board insert that were riveted on the stock boards and holes cut in the aluminum using the round holes in the insert as a guide for a hole saw.

For the life of me, I can not remember the name of the company that made them or find them searching the web.

My sled is a 2007 M8 153". Thanks for any info or recommendations for other options.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw them today when I was in Ralphs Motorsports. I already forgot the name. I wasn't impressed as the holes are small and they don't offer any extra traction. I will but Better Boards or Snow Eliminators.

The parts guy at Ralphs said there was a guy in their who was going to make them locally, maybe I can find out who it is and test a set for him.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed mod rods monster boards last winter mid season, they are amazing, no snow build up, all falls through the big holes

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The plastic ones are a joke. Pretty much the same price as monster boards or snow eliminators.

Jayste

Reaction score
Throttle Up Industries sells a polymer board, I put on a set and really like them. They have a aluminum back plate for strength, big holes and the snow doesn't stick to the poly top. They also go into the toe area, where lots of other makes don't. I'd buy them again.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
If your looking for the best option, Skinz running boards.

Skinz Boards.jpg

Other options are a new spray coating from Between the Lines Designs that is supposed to keep your boards from icing up and finally Powder Grips.

We will be installing the powder grips shown below on one of our older sleds this year.

powder grips.jpg
This is the sales pitch for the Powder Grips...
Provides aggressive traction, a more level feeling platform with an open self-cleaning design
Open holes allow snow to drop through running board
Snow deflecting design keeps snow from coming up through running boardEasy installation with 1-5/8" hole saw

Last edited:

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Other options are a new spray coating from Between the Lines Designs that is supposed to keep your boards from icing up and finally Powder Grips.

We will be installing the powder grips shown below on one of our older sleds this year.

View attachment 139912
Provides aggressive traction, a more level feeling platform with an open self-cleaning design
Snow deflecting design keeps snow from coming up through running boardEasy installation with 1-5/8" hole saw

How much are the powder grips?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The plastic ones are a joke. Pretty much the same price as monster boards or snow eliminators.

Then I must like humour....'cuz I love my Fu-boards! I took aluminum snow eliminators OFF my sled to put on the plastic ones and my running boards are finally snow free. Way more rigid now too. You couldn't GIVE me another pair of aluminum ones!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 139919

View attachment 139912

So that "snow deflector" piece goes under the running boards? How does that work when your sled is lifted with a forklift under the boards? Like
Some dealerships do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevo

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input.

Those Powder grips look interesting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I made my own go down to your local plastic shop get them to rip them on there table saw cut out with a jig saw I also made mine full length no more snow or ice build up EVER used square head sheet metal screws for traction total cost 40.00

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
So that "snow deflector" piece goes under the running boards? How does that work when your sled is lifted with a forklift under the boards? Like
Some dealerships do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should not be a issue, the forks main contact point is up near the drive shaft of the sled where most of the weight of the sled is.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
before:

IMG00996-20111215-1956.jpg

after:

IMG00997-20111215-1956.jpg

IMG00993-20111215-1951.jpg

work with what ya got people! no money, ran all last year without a problem....and i am not easy on riggin. Krash is my witness....he bought the wrp running boards and they still pile up with snow. mine, not as much. works great for just a bit of drilling.

i heard PAM works well too? anybody hear try it?

HDSledder

Reaction score
I made my own go down to your local plastic shop get them to rip them on there table saw cut out with a jig saw I also made mine full length no more snow or ice build up EVER used square head sheet metal screws for traction total cost 40.00

Any pics?

Top Bottom