MadFab EZ Boards installed...2 thumbs up...

ajb1205

Reaction score
After a lot of research I ended up going with a set of MadFab's EZ Board inserts for my M8. Being that my sled is practically brand new, I really didn't want to have to hack up the stock boards (been there, done that with my old Assault). These are truly "EZ" to install...no cutting, no grinding. Just place on top of your stock boards, drill 15 or so holes per side, rivet and bolt on the traction bolts...done. From start to finish maybe 45 minutes. My pictures didn't turn out at all (I'll get some better ones as soon as I can) so here is a link with pics from another site.

EZ Boards - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum

I will be trying them out this coming up weekend and will post my results.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used them for about 10 rides, and they are awesome!!! Matt from EZ boards is great to deal with!! I also have his gauge lifter, works great! Both products are top notch!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362515184.457293.jpg

ajb1205

Reaction score
Not the greatest pics but it gets the idea across.

IMG-20130306-00119.jpg

IMG-20130306-00118.jpg

The only modification I did was to add another cap head bolt (Matt sends a couple extra just in case I assume) in the very front, right behind the rivet.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since there aren't any addition openings in the boards how do they help to keep your boards clean?

ajb1205

Reaction score
Taken from one of Madsigntist's (owner of MadFab) posts:

"The EZ's are machined for 3/16" thick virgin HDPE polymer plastic. They are fully detailed to lay over your 08-11 boards with NO cutting, NO grinding, you wont even have to mark the holes.
Just drill, rivet, a few caphead SS bolts for traction and you are DONE. EZ.

Snow will not stick to the EZ's. It may not always self clean, but it won't stick so a quick sweep of your boot and its cleaned off."

I'll see firsthand this weekend.

ajb1205

Reaction score
I can say firsthand that these boards do exacly as described by Matt of MadFab.

Here is a pic of my sled with the EZ boards installed:

IMG-20130310-00128.jpg

And a pic of my bro-in-laws stock M1000:

IMG-20130310-00129.jpg

This is after about 2 hours of riding both trail and some nice deep powder. Didn't have to kick or try to clear my boards the entire day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom