polishing the ol sled

sledrocs

Reaction score
whats the best way to polish the tunnel and any other parts on the sled besides useing ur finger tips lol

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been wondering this too and have been told that the Mothers Powerball works well for the larger areas and a soft tooth brush is good for smaller tight spots. Hope this helps.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the best way to polish the tunnel and any other parts on the sled besides useing ur finger tips lol

I picked up one of those Mother's Power balls you can get at canadian tire..... it attaches to your drill , with the ball I used Mothers "PowerMetal" for aluminum polish............works good, easier on the finger tips :d

Cheers

sledrocs

Reaction score
thanks ill try that ive never herd of usein the tooth brush but sounds convinceing lol cheers

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

it takes time with the little ball and ya might need 2, they chew up on the rails,
you can also try a bigger buffer/polisher for most of the parts, speed wich equals heat is what helps the polish process, and if ya want the real shine sand it with 1000 grit paper first. and it will shine for a long time.

good luck dont loose to many knuckles:beer:

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up the aluminum polishing kit from Princess Auto (roughly $30) and then grabbed 2 of the 6" versions of the buff wheels in the kit (it comes with 2" and 3" and other small ones different shapes), and 1 stick of the green compound (kit comes with black, brown, and white). So you start with the black compound and spin the drill on it (don't need much at a time). Then polish the sled until you are satisfied with it. After that, do one pass with the brown, then white, then green compound. Use the non-stitched buffs with the white and green compounds, and no Mothers job will ever compare with what you have done. I find mothers shines, but doesn't get rid of scratches and you will still notice them when you get within 10 feet of the aluminum. The black compound with a buff wheel does a much better job. Here is a pic of my sled this fall. It won't take me much time at all to get it looking like this again next summer.

Attachments

• PB230221.jpg
    PB230221.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom