polaris verticle edge 800 stock hp and weight

dglionna

Reaction score
i just bought a 2002 polaris vericle edge 800. with a 151. whats the stock hp and weight if anyone can tell me that would be great. also how much horse do u gain with a single slp pipe and can. and a gutted air box with the slp air horn for the intake.

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2003 polaris rmk 800 and have done these mods to mine,according to slp,s site it is a 13 to 15 horespower gain,was worth the money on mine was very happy with the improvement,also installed a roller secondary clutch,shifts faster and was more responsive,you will have to re ject your sled a adjust your air screw,i do not know the weight but if you go on polaris,s site it will tell you all the specs,hopefully this helps

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 02 800 RMK. Stock was 136 HP. Add the single SLP pipe and do the air intake you are supposed to get 11 HP gain with the pipe only. Using the SLP Silencer with the pipe is said to add a couple ponies. I have done this using an MBRP race can (silencer is you can call it that). Works well but you gotta use premium. I did not and encountered detonation and seized er up. SLP instructions for the 02 did not say to use premium but I should have figured this out on my own as the 03 to 05s instructions which come with the 02 instructions clearly mentioned this. If you do not have access to premium fuel then add Lucas or Amsoil octane boost. Almost all the rest of the octane boost companies give almost no octane increase at all.

Top Bottom