Polaris scrambler 850/1000 has caught my eye..

TRACKSIDEDOWN

Reaction score
There has to be a few owners out that can tell me a bit about they're experience with this machine. Was considering both the can am offerings and the scrambler. Machine has been out for couple years now so hopefully I can get some feedback. Thanks

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There has to be a few owners out that can tell me a bit about they're experience with this machine. Was considering both the can am offerings and the scrambler. Machine has been out for couple years now so hopefully I can get some feedback. Thanks

I have the 2013 850 scrambler with a few add ons. This machine is very fast. I have had no issues with it this far and i have upwards of 500 miles now.
The only downfall is how dirty you get on it, but i put fender flares/extensions and it does make a huge difference.

I will be upgrading soon, as a sxs is in the future. If you purchase one you will love it.

cementfist27

Reaction score
I have really wanted to purchase the 1000 myself, but have been holding off due to the lack of availibiity of mods. The power and ride seem to be unbeleivable, but unless I can do some simple things like rad-relocate and snorkel, I am going to hold off.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neighbour kid has one and it rips! He has the 850 with 27" mid lights and it's very impressive where it goes! He does not treat it nice and has had no issues other then a broken axle and extreme tire wear lol. But like said he gets dirty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy just picked up his 1000 scrambler, barely any miles on it but you can't smack the smile off his face. He told me to take her for a rip but I don't wanna put the first scratch on it.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1000 Scrammy is a beast,the fastest stock quad you can buy....Other than crappy axles and chitty a arm bushings the machine is pretty soild it seems.....It also has a much better front diff than the Sportsman half brother....Set up properly a 1000 scram is tough to beat,IMO.
My 850 XP has been rock solid and i have yet to find a better ride in the deep mud........

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1000 Scrammy is a beast,the fastest stock quad you can buy....Other than crappy axles and chitty a arm bushings the machine is pretty soild it seems.....It also has a much better front diff than the Sportsman half brother....Set up properly a 1000 scram is tough to beat,IMO.
My 850 XP has been rock solid and i have yet to find a better ride in the deep mud........

You still have the 850?

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As with most sportier quads, getting dirty is likely. Options for fender extensions and such? Most common upgrade and benefit?

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

watch out i thought we couldn`t say anything bad on the forums anymore... lol ... sorry thanks for the info im just ranting now!

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my 850. I went to it from the original 850 sportsman. It rips compared to that. Have had zero issues with it. The fender coverage does suck in the mud but what can you expect. Most of the accessories from the 850 will fit the 1000. Only difference between the two is the engine.

RobEG

Reaction score
I had the chance to try the 850, i liked , though i would have liked to make some adjustments, plus going from a single to a V-twin always feels weak on the low end
heavy little bike too, and i would'nt get the 1000 for a one or two years so they can work the bugs out

at the end of the day if im going to spend 14-15 thousand bucks i'm going to get a Can-AM... or a Suzuki if they produce an 850 single cylinder in the future

Toxic

Reaction score
The rad and rad bracket is different in the 1000, some snorkels fit triangle swears there's will fit but snorkel your atv's will not for sure. Picking my 1000 up tommorow, lift pipe, snorkeled and rolling on 30's.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing that would concern be on both 850 and 1000 is the placement of the gear shifter!

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rad and rad bracket is different in the 1000, some snorkels fit triangle swears there's will fit but snorkel your atv's will not for sure. Picking my 1000 up tommorow, lift pipe, snorkeled and rolling on 30's.

I have the triangle kit on my 850. It should fit on the 1000 no problem. I goes no where near the rad.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chatted with Amber @rainy creek, she had pretty good things to say about both the 850 & 1000. Pricing seemed good as well. Still not a huge amount of aftermarket goodies to be found for these machines

Toxic

Reaction score
Chatted with Amber @rainy creek, she had pretty good things to say about both the 850 & 1000. Pricing seemed good as well. Still not a huge amount of aftermarket goodies to be found for these machines

Top Bottom