Polaris Ranger 500 Stalling

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out with my cousin twice now and his Ranger keeps stalling. It seems to run fine for the first couple hours, but once it's heated up, it will begin stalling on him. Even cold, it will stall if you leave it idling but it seems to run ok when you give it some gas (even when running hot). Then, when it starts tog et hot, it will stall as soon as you put it in gear. He did swamp it once and has changed all the fluids. It stalled when idling even before swamping it - he was told this is normal? His dealer tells him that there's nothing wrong with it.

Any ideas?

marbleeye

Reaction score
my 800XP ranger was doing the same thing there was a recall on my throtle position harness and a cracked wire Elk Island fixed me up and it was under waranty

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 800XP ranger was doing the same thing there was a recall on my throtle position harness and a cracked wire Elk Island fixed me up and it was under waranty

Same here, my crew had a TPS, and AICV sensor wires crack in the first 200km, polaris was nice enough to tell me to drop it off and in a week or two they would look at it. Instead ordered the new plugs and put them on myself so my daughter could get her daily evening ride. It was stuttering, wouldnt idle, would not stop reving, back firing, and was hard starting. Basically you normal polaris product

Top Bottom