polaris pro or arctic cat snowpro

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You had a good write-up but this statement sort of stood out......really, is there bllions????

It's called a hyperbole. Exaggeration to make a point.

The Pro RMK is the #1 selling snowmobile in all segments for the past 2 seasons. I have no idea what that number would be, 30 or 40 thousand sleds in North America? Anyone have the stats? It would be interesting to know how many sleds in each segment each manufacturer sold each year.

A couple weeks ago I saw about 20 sleds at the South Douglas cabin. At least 12 were Pro RMKS and half of those had turbos. I was one of 2 XPs. Right now in Northwest BC Polaris seems to be the #1 choice. Before that it was Cat. But this was probably due to the lack of good Doo dealership west of PG. This may change now with a dealer in Terrace.

I chose not to follow the Polaris lemmings and checked a XM.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's called a hyperbole. Exaggeration to make a point.

The Pro RMK is the #1 selling snowmobile in all segments for the past 2 seasons. I have no idea what that number would be, 30 or 40 thousand sleds in North America? Anyone have the stats? It would be interesting to know how many sleds in each segment each manufacturer sold each year.

A couple weeks ago I saw about 20 sleds at the South Douglas cabin. At least 12 were Pro RMKS and half of those had turbos. I was one of 2 XPs. Right now in Northwest BC Polaris seems to be the #1 choice. Before that it was Cat. But this was probably due to the lack of good Doo dealership west of PG. This may change now with a dealer in Terrace.

I chose not to follow the Polaris lemmings and checked a XM.

Its diff where ever you go. Pull up to allan creek cabin on a busy saturday and do a quick headspin. 80 percent of the sleds are newer doos.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its diff where ever you go. Pull up to allan creek cabin on a busy saturday and do a quick headspin. 80 percent of the sleds are newer doos.

Same at Boulder in Revy. Mostly Xp's but then they have been on the snow since 2008 to. There is a few more Pro's showing up and a few more Cats as well. I personally think that Doo and Poo will be taking alot of sales away from Cat for this coming year. We had quite a few Cat guys convert for 2013.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same at Boulder in Revy. Mostly Xp's but then they have been on the snow since 2008 to. There is a few more Pro's showing up and a few more Cats as well. I personally think that Doo and Poo will be taking alot of sales away from Cat for this coming year. We had quite a few Cat guys convert for 2013.

Agreed Doo is the one you see most. Think the XM is gonna be sled of the year this year.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
........It's called a hyperbole. Exaggeration to make a point..........

I assumed he was just making a point.. "billions" = "lots",

but whatever...

Ya, I got it. I'm a little slow some days; some may think that would be most days, hahaha!
At least he checked a Doo! What about you?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For certain ski-doo holds the market share in Canada - no doubt about that. Is it because they are the best sled for 2013? Is it because ski-doo is a canadian company? Is it because they have the best dealer network? Because they are reliable? I'm going to go out on a limb here and state the obvious: The ski-doo product is well built, is a fairly nimble chassis, and reasonably light out of the box. There are a few good dealers out there, too...
BUT, in my experience, they do not value the smaller dealer who bends over backwards to promote thier name and product, and quite frankly - they would not have the "die hard consumers" if those smaller dealers hadn't broke trail for them - which they will throw under the bus if close to a metro area. From 1984 to 1996 - I'm amazed the company had any buyers, and the 07-08 season sleds were not quality built in my humble opinion. I do believe that rotax builds great engines, I am also a fan of suzuki, yamaha, and fuji heavy industries powerplants - incredibly reliable. Tell you what - they are all great sleds when working to our expectations, and they are all junk when they do not. The internet is a poor source of information, and most posts should be taken with a grain of salt - still waiting for a response from a doo rider from S&M who made a claim, then an arguement, but no proof that the event did or did not happen, or what the underlying circumstances were. I realize that most people on this forum are brand loyal, and they need to justify their purchase to the world and themselves. But unless you have a reasonable amount of seat time on all four brands and an appropriate level of skill, you are no better qualified to claim "mine's better then yours" then the magazine editors who make their living on advertising dollars. If you believe everything you read on the internet and read in magazines, you should either run for politics or become an environmental extremist, because they are dillusional, too. A good rider will outride a bad rider regardless of whatever they are on. Too bad the forums are less of an information venue that they once were - now it always turns into a pissing contest. Guess I'm getting older then I thought...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.... Too bad the forums are less of an information venue that they once were - now it always turns into a pissing contest. Guess I'm getting older then I thought...

Well said. This thread is a classic example of good old Snow and Mud: ask a question about any of the other 3 brands, and within 2 pages you'll end up being told Ski Doo is the best.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said. This thread is a classic example of good old Snow and Mud: ask a question about any of the other 3 brands, and within 2 pages you'll end up being told Ski Doo is the best.

like i said earlier
onedoesnot.jpg

Skeeter 2

Reaction score
I have a 2012 800 PRO Climb. It was great this year no issues at all (1,110 Km and double digit trips to the Mountains). I have owned all four brands Cat being the last. Probably would have went Ski-Doo again, but blown motors got tiresome.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Meh who cares. Maybe the origional poster is unaware of skidoos offerings for 2013. If someone let's him know then maybe he will be considering 3 brands instead of two. Not hurting anyone.

JonJean

Reaction score
lookin to get a new sled within the next year. have rode both prormk and snowpro and i liked both and cant make up my mind. is there any problems with either machine to watch out for?

If you want to run out of gas before noon and sit there while your friends riding pros do donuts around you with a half tank left get yourself a cat..I do agree that dealer support is important though.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell, I wasn't referring to you. I think you make a lot of valid points in most of your posts, and tend to lighten the mood when some posts are going south. I actually don't even recall the poster's handle, but basically they hauled a sled (A/C proclimb) into the dealer with a blown motor and chaincase (this supposedly grenaded all at once). As an intelligent rider and a journeyman mechanic - I can establish this is not the case, and only one of the failures would have been the machine's fault if they did happen at the same time. I simply called him on it and asked for an update as to what was found to be wrong - no response. I guess what I'm saying at the end of the day is if you KNOW something, please feel free to share it. If you are flapping your lips to simply hear yourself, go join Snowwest forums - tons of "my buddy's sled" stories over there, and a bunch of brand bashing.
You seem to be an accomplished rider with some experience, and I imagine you can ride anything you are placed on - it so happens your personal preference is ski-doo. Not every rider feels comfortable on the same sled, just as as individuals we have different tastes in clothing, spouses, etc. I think you would agree that it is hardly fair to jump on another's faults without looking at your own first. I rode doo until the xp came out, the 08 was a little too weak for my frame - I bent one at the spring snowcheck show, went to cat's M-series. Due to the economy "crunch" I've been riding the same cat until now, and let me tell you it didn't give me a lick of trouble, and neither did my wife's M8. This year I snowchecked a 2013 cat mostly because my doo dealer was tossed under the bus by BRP after 25 years because he wouldn't build a new dealership in 08, and haven't found a dealer in reasonable driving distance that I was comfortable with based on parts purchases and overall helpfulness. Almost bought an XM this season, but wasn't a dealer really willing to move off MSRP - and I was in the market for two sleds. T&T got my business due to great service that my selling dealer (red deer) wouldn't provide during my ownership with the M-chassis, and wifey got a new 600 ProRMK from Whitecourt as Aaron was super to deal with and bent over backwards to make wifey's purchase enjoyable.
I spend a ton of money on sledding, and go as often as I can. I don't ride locally in Alberta, either - 1st mountain sled was a 7500 Blizzard that had the tunnel cut and those Simmons plastic paddles bolted to the track - haven't trail ridden since. The fact of the matter is this: they all improve every year or two, and all are light years ahead of the stuff we used to ride, correct?
Sorry for being so long winded, and btw, we still have an old school rev in the household lol

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meh who cares. Maybe the origional poster is unaware of skidoos offerings for 2013. If someone let's him know then maybe he will be considering 3 brands instead of two. Not hurting anyone.

I agree....Meh, who cares about all yellow all the time. If he wanted to know what Doo was offering, he could have asked, but didn't.....Or maybe he checked their website and didn't like what he saw. Wicked pissing contest about a pissing contest we are having, maybe we can continue in the PM's. Wait for me to PM you.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree....Meh, who cares about all yellow all the time. If he wanted to know what Doo was offering, he could have asked, but didn't.....Or maybe he checked their website and didn't like what he saw. Wicked pissing contest about a pissing contest we are having, maybe we can continue in the PM's. Wait for me to PM you.

Lol

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
MAXWELL's a bit of an azzhat.......js

Top Bottom