Polaris Pro 800 Rmk Clutching

nosaj82

Reaction score
Looking at installing clutch kit on my 11 PRO 155 for the mountains. any suggestions on what works best. It's bone stock except for a jaws can if that makes a difference.

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carl's clutch kit with MDS weights is a great set up is u like tree riding.. Teth-air sells the Carl's clutch kits that come with helix, secondary spring, the washer for secondary and primary spring. And I think Chrisco sells the MDS adjustable weights.. look em up on the forum both top notch guys to deal with!!

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KURTS POLARIS clutch kit works well. $270.00 in stock. We also have MDS primary clutch kits set up from MDS ready to go in stock as well.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tried carls clutching and kurts quite extensively. Also geared down to 2.42 w/ tki belt drive. I think carls is better than kurts but notice that those epi weights in the carls kit are very hard on rollers. I'm now back to stock helix with some different springs but haven't tested it out yet because the snow is awful.

R

Ryan Verrecchia

I went with a bikeman kit and was happy with it big diference. Only thing I can't figure out is why my belt jumps when a good load is being pushed in reverse.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with a bikeman kit and was happy with it big diference. Only thing I can't figure out is why my belt jumps when a good load is being pushed in reverse.

Check if your belt is pulling your secondary apart and making your belt loose. If so, you can blame the helix angle or secondary spring.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check if your belt is pulling your secondary apart and making your belt loose. If so, you can blame the helix angle or secondary spring.

So if the helix angle is allowing it to come open in reverse can it be fixed by adding stiffer spring to the secondary?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock spring and helix angles do a pretty good job of keeping the secondary closed when it should be but if your spring is damaged or weak it could allow the primary to pull it open when loaded in reverse. I have seen this a couple of times and in one case the guy fried his belt. More often seen when the tunnel is plugged with heavy snow. To put a heavier spring than original will changed clutching characteristics.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock spring and helix angles do a pretty good job of keeping the secondary closed when it should be but if your spring is damaged or weak it could allow the primary to pull it open when loaded in reverse. I have seen this a couple of times and in one case the guy fried his belt. More often seen when the tunnel is plugged with heavy snow. To put a heavier spring than original will changed clutching characteristics.

Im not talking stock, my setup is far from it. I had some problems in the past with the secondary opening and found a stiffer spring solved it. The helix angle is proprietary and not known. Thats why I asked if you feel that a stiffer spring will fix the steeper angle of the helix and this potential problem.

Original question: So if the helix angle is allowing it to come open in reverse can it be fixed by adding stiffer spring to the secondary?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not talking stock, my setup is far from it. I had some problems in the past with the secondary opening and found a stiffer spring solved it. The helix angle is proprietary and not known. Thats why I asked if you feel that a stiffer spring will fix the steeper angle of the helix and this potential problem.

Original question: So if the helix angle is allowing it to come open in reverse can it be fixed by adding stiffer spring to the secondary?

Yes it will but also make the engine rev higher with a stiffer spring.

Top Bottom