Polaris Oil

800dragonguy

Reaction score
I'm going to do the top end on my 2010 800 Dragon RMK (1100 miles/1760 KM) on stock components. I'm going to install the RK Tek piston/head kit. Does anyone have experience with this kit...good or bad? They recommend NOT using synthetic oil after the overhaul, anyone out there not using the Polaris VES Gold oil on this sled? As a footnote, I was in a pinch one day and had to use Cat's oil (gag, choke, cough) however I found it smoked a lot less than it did with Polaris oil. Appreciate some feedback.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Indy dan does not use synthetic oil. My friends dont and they have rktek big bores and silber turbos. They use shell advanced from canadian tire, and have for a long time. I use shell advanced but synthetic.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the RK top end and the 13.5:1 head on my 09 summit 800 and it ran good! I used the Spectro semi synthetic oil and it was nice stuff

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did same kit with my 2010 Dragon. I use Redline as recommended by a guy that rebuild lots of Polaris sleds including mine. He is known as Chrisco on Snow and Mud. No issues with 700 kms on new motor.

Top Bottom