Polaris IDIOTS (Tether Instructions)

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Polaris RETARDS (Tether Instructions)

I just seen a post on snowest about a tether back in 2012 and the tether the guy got had the connection and two separate wires coming out. This is the tether I have the instructions for but the tether that I got doesn't have the two wires coming out it just has a plastic connection.

So if you get a tether like this with the wrong instructions, just plug it into the connector in the middle bundle that is covered by a Velcro pouch and disregard the wiring portion of the instructions.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i have a 2" powermadd riser. I drilled my hole in the flat part of it that faces back at the seat. Its about a 1/8" thick and the inside it hallow. works great, cant ice up and pulls straight off. no hole in console either if it fails and i go to a pro armor one on the bars.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There's actually nothing wrong with the switch, but gathering the point of this thread is the stupid instructions. You think polaris could update that 1 page of data. I got my tether a couple years ago and looks like the paper hasn't changed.
I got lucky and asked one of the mechanics and he showed me which plug to use. It took longer to remove the hood than do the actual install. FWIW, I drilled a hole in the console just above the fuel cap.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had absolutely no issues with the instructions. I thought they were very clear, and I had no problem installing my tether. Yes, it did take me longer to figure out how to remove the hood. Struggled to get those plastic pop-up rivets out.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The instructions are for older sleds without the factory connection.

I called polaris to give them a little piece of my mind after wasting a whole Saturday pissing around from following instructions for a tether that isn't meant for these instructions and wiring that doesn't match their diagram at all.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All of the Pros (2011-15) have had the factory connection. I'm wondering if you got a bad one that had the wrong instructions in them.

nwoprormk

Reaction score

Step #1: "Also make sure the electrical connections will reach the ignition switch"

The tether wires are about 10inches long so you have to be fairly close to the switch.

The instruction are not for these new machines and no one has taken the time to updated them accordingly.

IF you follow them, you wont get this tether installed correctly.

Now I have a hole drilled in the console that should have been down by the hand warmer switch.

Just plain stupid that these instructions are sent out like this. Hopefully someone sees this before installing one and saves themselves a huge headache and wasted time.

Ask why??? Just look at the fit of the "FREE" underseat bags tht came on the 15 rmk snowchecks. They musta confused cm with inches.Worst fitting "dealer" accessory ever. Answer is on the tag "Made in china",,,,,,,printed paperwork as well

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All of the Pros (2011-15) have had the factory connection. I'm wondering if you got a bad one that had the wrong instructions in them.

When I called parts, they said another guy had the exact same problem.

Top Bottom