Polaris gipper ski's on a proclimb

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I read on here somewhere that the new gipper skis bolted right up and are a big improvement to the stock skis. Can anyone confirm this??

Sent from my mind

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I've read, not quite a direct bolt on replacement. A die grinder is needed to trim some of the plastic to use the AC rubbers and a longer bolt is needed to go through the spindle. But the few modifications is supposed to be well worth the effort.

rmscustom

Reaction score
Had a friend do it last year, big improvement. He just got the same bolts Polaris uses and did a little work with an exacto knife on the plastic so the AC rubbers would fit and was good to go.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a set of grippers on my M1100T. They require some modifications to the saddle with a die grinder. I used Doo ski saddle rubbers from the 04-07 Summit. Floats the front end of the four stroke very well, an inexpensive and worthwhile mod IMHO.

mactheknife

Reaction score
I used the Polaris bolts and Cat rubbers. No modifications needed to mount on my M1100T.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put gripper skis on my sled last weekend. Going to try them out this weekend. I did a bit of trimming on the saddle of the ski to flatten it out some and cut a couple nubs off the cat rubbers.
vemypyga.jpg

thekrust

Reaction score
I was going to do this mod as well. But if you can't find a set of used or take-off grippers then it's expensive. I went with a set of Powder Pros and love them. Why can't Cat figure out what a mountain ski is?

mustard73

Reaction score
I have a set of like new gripper skis if someone wants to purchase. They are on a 2010 M8 right now, not sure what the previous owner had to do to make them fit.

Send me a PM.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of like new gripper skis if someone wants to purchase. They are on a 2010 M8 right now, not sure what the previous owner had to do to make them fit.

Thanks for the post I was thinking about putting the gripper on my M and wondering if they fit.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what you don't like about the Cat Skis? I'm not a fan of the Polaris ski's on my Pro. Actually thought of putting Doo skis on it. I find the Polaris ones are really bad when trying to back up they dig in. Maybe its the spindle angle more than the ski but not a fan of them.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what you don't like about the Cat Skis? I'm not a fan of the Polaris ski's on my Pro. Actually thought of putting Doo skis on it. I find the Polaris ones are really bad when trying to back up they dig in. Maybe its the spindle angle more than the ski but not a fan of them.

They dart on the hard pack and dont float very well in the deep snow

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too narrow for a mountain machine in my opinion. My stock skis were disappearing under the snow when I let out of the throttle. Hopefully I can find some snow that hasn't settled too much today to see how much of an improvement the gripper skis are over the stock.

Sent from my iPad using

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not sure about the Polaris skis, I put on powder pros from day one. What I notice when I ride my friends 13 M8 with stock skis is that his sled takes half the effort compared to mine with the powder pros, Next time I go up I'll take my stock skis and try them one day, who knows maybe the cat skis arn't that bad after all???

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Night and day difference with the gripper skis today. The snow had settled some since I rode it last with the stock skis but we were still able to find powder in the shaded tree lines. The front end stayed up on the snow and didn't submarine when I let out of the throttle.

If anyone wants stock proclimb skis mine are for sale only have 140 miles on them.

Sent from my iPad using

thekrust

Reaction score
The Powder Pros and grippers are very similar. They hold a sidehill better and float more. It does take a little more effort to turn them because of the deeper keel.

Top Bottom