Polaris Dragon 800 155

nutma

Reaction score
Just Bought a 09 polaris dragon 800 155
Thinking about doing a few bolt on mods to it. Just wandering if any of you have and what you have all done and how it has preformed with them compared to stock.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
slp performance edition package. works well.

other than that ride it how it is. its a great sled. im not a polaris guy but that sled may have changed my mind

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
GREAT SLED but stock sucks IMO
went from a 00 700 rmk to a 09 800 dragon
world of difference, in ride comfort, ease of handling in the pow, and climbs like a bastard. my old sled to compare going into renshaw in mcbride was HELL when the trail wasnt groomed good, i would be tired just getting there lol.
terms of power, get the update done at a local polaris dealer, subscribe to dynotech - they compare pretty much every add on performance part, slp pipe gains where very nice from what i found.
But if you have a little more cash in the bank id suggest once your update is done you can go for a PCIII, slp pipe, slp intake, upgrade rear torsion springs if you weigh over 175lbs, and clutching, also a pair of snow eliminators... sled should be a rocket then

also if you got tons of cash lighten up the rear skid with a timber sled mountain tamer setup, saves about 16 pounds just in the rear skid and provides a large amount of ajustablility and has proven to be better all around from climbing to boondocking with the way they design there suspension, most likely the most talked about rear skid for a dragon

also id say check snowest.com to, they have tons and tons of people there with highly modded dragons and alot of info on there as well.. just my 2 cents

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^ Agree with above ^^ Get the update done. Then get a subscription to Dynotech.com for the rest of the info you need.

nutma

Reaction score
Thanks for all the fast replys and info

Sled is going in tomorrow for the recalls.
It already has a slp silencer going to be getting a pipe for it soon Most likely slp as i already have the silencer but kinda want it to sound loud but not crazy loud. Dose the silencer make it kinda quite?
Also the rear shock is blown is it worth getting it revalued or to up grade to something that i'm not having to do it to often. Like the sled only has 280 k on it. I shouldn't have to be doing it yet i would think.
How much are we talking to put a timber skid in?

whittaker727

Reaction score
Timbersled skid with new rails will run you 2K US price. I love my 09 700 RMK with nothing but an SLP can. I will be putting on a 2010 seat cover though.

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think the slp can with stock pipe works on the slp pipe, you have to buy the pipe and can together. different cans for stock or slp pipe

Top Bottom