riding 80% - trail, with family 2 adults & 2 kids 6 - 8
riding with the boys 20% - mudding

found a Rhino 07' stretched for 11,000 660 engine NOT fuel injected

a new Ranger 09" 13,000 approx.

what would you do ... ??

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do know that the Ranger is quite a bit wider than the other side x sides out there eh. The Ranger is more of a utility work horse.

I guess you know what I would do. ;)

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a pic

Attachments

• stretched-cover.jpg
    stretched-cover.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 382

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ranger is only 2 inchs wider than my teryx. And the polaris has a 700cc twin motor. And most of the rangers are FI. I think the stretched rhino would be undr powered with more length and weight. IMO

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
IMO the rhino has lots of pick up and go, and im sure it would handle a stretch just fine. There is so many after market stuff out for the rhino that make it that much better, we weve had our rhino loaded to the nines and still climb over logs and rocks. the first thing i would do if i had a stretched rhino is lift it a little bit clutch kit, and put a chip in it, i would lift it so you wouldnt get high centered as easy. just my opinion, does it matter? prolly not

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
heres another option for the rhino you can get a seat through an after market company that bolts to the box and i think there is one thats quick release so you can change it on the fly, and the kit also in clude the extended roll bar, forgot who makes it

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres another option for the rhino you can get a seat through an after market company that bolts to the box and i think there is one thats quick release so you can change it on the fly, and the kit also in clude the extended roll bar, forgot who makes it

See i think that is a better idea than the stretched rhino. I just think the the rhino is under powered for the stretchded version but is fine for the regular with seats isnt to bad. Another option is a tomcar, my uncle has one but it isnt exactly the most powerful thing. It sure is fun though. Im not knockin the rhino, they are fun. But i think that yamaha should get with the times and keep up with the other manufacturers. Plus with the amount of problems the rhino has with axles, I think youd be better of with all that extra weight in a ranger.IMO

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That stretched one is pretty cool, a little long for trails. It'd be awesome down in the dunes. I made mine into a station wagon without the stretch

Attachments

• rhino 005.jpg
    rhino 005.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 343

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya !!!! what problems with the Axles? please tell me and I can fix mine before the axles break or whatever?????????????? did not have a problem with 2007, so far no problems with my 2009. Touch wood.............. Camrose Cycle has caged Rhino's with four seats.. LOVED MY 2007 RHINO that got stolen, LOVE my new 2009 even better..

Last edited:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you mean problems with axles? we have never had problems with our rhino and axles?

Go on rhino forums and read about guys that go though axles. I know of a few guys personally that have had alot of issues with the axles on there rhinos. They are basically the same axle as the grizzly but just a bit longer thats it. Like i said this is my opinion and im only talkin about what have happened to my friends rhinos.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup camrose cycle is a great place to deal with. I beleive they said it is 2000. for the cage and back seats
As for axle issues. So far with 3000km on my 06 grizz no problems . So far on the rhino no problems. The issue happens when you put to big of tires on the machine 27" and up

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya !!!! what problems with the Axles? please tell me and I can fix mine before the axles break or whatever?????????????? did not have a problem with 2007, so far no problems with my 2009. Touch wood.............. Camrose Cycle has caged Rhino's with four seats.. LOVED MY 2007 RHINO that got stolen, LOVE my new 2009 even better..

Im not sayin its every rhino, but i ride the same way my friends do and i never broke anything on my brute thats why i went with the teryx. But my buddys grizzly's and there rhinos have had some issues with drive shaft and axles. My buddys grizzly is a 05 and the rhino's we used to ride with was a 05 660 and a 08 700 and a 07 660. Like i said maybe its just the riders. IMO.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get you bolt in cage? DRD?

I bought the 'weld your self kit" from e-bay. I didn't have any way to make nice bends in DOM tubing. The kit came with the main frame and a couple of cross pieces, It was $300 or so shipped. I added the "X" brace in the roof and the corner gussets, also added where it bolts to the bed. Seats are new take off 's and I built a frame to bolt them to the bed.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the axles are most likely breaking when the put lifts oon and dont change the axle and use big tires, and dont say its the driver either, cause my dad has been pushing is rhino hard and no problems

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any axle problems yet with 27's. I don't think they make enough power to hurt themselves, 660 will only make around 20-25 hp at the wheels.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying either a Polaris Crew or Yamaha Rhino stretched,

riding 80% - trail, with family 2 adults & 2 kids 6 - 8
riding with the boys 20% - mudding

found a Rhino 07' stretched for 11,000 660 engine NOT fuel injected

a new Ranger 09" 13,000 approx.

what would you do ... ??

400.00 april rebate, 11500, with the winch as new only 1 km.
T

Top Bottom