polaris 900 belt/clutch questions!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 05 900 with 3500 miles. orig. engine mounts, but has all the SLP torque stops (and vents) I just blew a belt after 1000 miles. last belt lasted 1500 miles and it became my spare with no signs of damage (it is now back on the sled lol). some one told my there is no way of aligning the clutches on a 900.....is this true? the belt Im running is a 111 but guys are saying to use the 115! what do I have to do to make the 115 fit? all my engine mounts are still great. Im getting good life out of my belts I think (1000-1500 miles) but what if clutch alignment is out? how do I check? when the last belt blew I was just going up the groomed trail with the kids, not even working it hard. when it blew I put my 1500 mile spare on and pulled the hills all day long and didnt have an isue. I dont think clutches are out but would like to check. I want to install a set of compfussion mounts but do I have to pull the engine to change them? alot of questions, sorry!

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i belive u gotta pull motor to change mounts. or atleast pretty much pull it. and if u got 1000 miles on a belt i would say wats wrong wit that? sounds like to be everythn is good.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well not complaining about belt life but more of how do I check to see if clutches are out? last belt lasted 1500 miles and is in great shape. this belt only lasted 1000 miles and blew apart. just dont want to put on a new belt and see it go in 100 miles. still would like to know the difference between a 111 belt and a 115? also heard a 1122 (I think) is as good as a 115 but $70 cheaper.....is this true? I need to get a belt but not to sure what to buy? when I picked up the parts of the blowen apart belt it was very hot, and since I was not even working the sled it kinda made me want to check. I did a few hard pulls on a very long hill with the 1500 mile spare belt and it never got hot so I think all is good. like i said I ran the 1500 mile belt hard all day and now it has 1600 miles and still looks great!

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ever have the clutches cleaned? i think the 115 belt is a newer compound they used. u couldve broken in the belt differently than the other one. never heard of a 1122. i got a ultimax XS as a spare that i wanna try. 70-80 cheaper than a polaris and alota guys had good luck wit them.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ever have the clutches cleaned? i think the 115 belt is a newer compound they used. u couldve broken in the belt differently than the other one. never heard of a 1122. i got a ultimax XS as a spare that i wanna try. 70-80 cheaper than a polaris and alota guys had good luck wit them.

I clean my clutch a few times a year. I just heard something that if using the 115 belt you have to shim the clutch. ultimax XS809 I think is the one for the 900. what have you heard about milage on them? what is the best way to break in a belt. I always install the new belt on the top of the hill on the way down to the truck. I get about 25 miles of down hill trail riding on it. I wash it in hot soapy water first. my 1600 mile belt that was my spare is still working great but I will keep it for my spare. it has to many miles to use as a hill climber. even though it is in perfect shape. just dont know why the last best blew apart at 1000 miles if my old spare belt would probably get 2000 miles on it. Oh Im making more power since I did my top end lol. since I did my top end I can say my engine has 200 hp now lol NOT! LOL

Top Bottom