Polaris 2022 Release

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled was seeing around 85-90 today in those same snow conditions so yes your right not overly
Impressive for that extra power it has over the doo. Guess we have to wait until we can get them in 3 feet of snow to see how they really work. These spring climbs are not really a good tell tale.

If it holds 85 kmh in 3 feet of snow on a steep pull now we’re talkin. And it might. The clutch calibration may not allow it to build much more speed

Agreed.

I seen 62mph poaching a track today, guess we will see next winter what the final calibrations will be on the boost.
The boost dumping to control the rpm is irritating to listen to, it sounds like a rev limiter, maybe a ambassador for Polaris is not fully in the know.

One thing I do know. A doo track on a Polaris is a amazing upgrade for that sled. Chris and Ben built amazing sleds.

Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a chance to ride the new 2022 boost on the weekend the chassis feels the same as the 2021 because not much has changed in that aspect the skid and frontend are still the same so it handles the same IMO.

The turbo system felt good the bottom end was crisp and the power came on really smooth and felt really good something I think I could be happy with for sure. Its not crazy power but will be a great boost from an NA sled for sure.

The current snow conditions are sh#$ so not really loading the motor at all to really see what it will do in 3 feet of pow. Im seeing alot of talk about track speed it seems so many are hung up on it as a comparison to how much power it has, track speed has

soooooooo many variances its like covid 19 ffs It really doesn't mean **** again IMO. Some tracks spin some tracks hook every hill is different snow conditions aren't the same rider weight and on and on and on. The gauge is awesome so easy to see and use

tons of options and now an electric fuel gauge not sure how that will go cuz I see the skidoo guys always talking about how many bars they have left and guess at how long they have till they run out of fuel seems gay..... when I can just look down at my

mechanical one and know exactly how much I have but whatever. Now this is how I really feel lol, The boost sleds that are out right now in the mountains are poorly set up and the one we road had the worst track for a boosted sled you can get ( been down that

road this year a lot ) The clutching in the primary is way off and slipping the belt hard, this is most likely why you TRACK SPEED guys are upset. So the sled is about the worst it could possibly be for our BC snow. They have no western testing with our heavy

deep snow but are gathering all the info they are seeing out west with all the dealer rides and surly will make the necessary changes I hope. My dealer will be sending a email with what issues I found what they to from there will have to see. I have no doubt

that the sled will perform well once some small changes are made to the clutching and anyone that snow checked you still have time to change to a 2.7 3.5 track if yours is coming with a 3 inch FYI !!!! Im looking forward to getting one dialed in tight because

I will be stepping off a Rocket Ship to get on the new Boost.

Last edited:

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Chris are u saying u rode one with the 3 inch track and was no good ? 2.75" better for boost ?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They went to 3.5 pitch tracks I believe, rather than the 3"x3" pitch

I think Chris went with a cut down Doo 175x3

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Chris are u saying u rode one with the 3 inch track and was no good ? 2.75" better for boost ?

Im saying that the factory 3 inch from polaris has never been good on a boosted sled ever. I have not run the 2.75 yet myself but being 3.5 pitch I do know that it will work better with boost. I run a skidoo 3.5 pitch on my sled at this time. Yes I did ride a boost with the 3 inch on it.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im saying that the factory 3 inch from polaris has never been good on a boosted sled ever. I have not run the 2.75 yet myself but being 3.5 pitch I do know that it will work better with boost. I run a skidoo 3.5 pitch on my sled at this time. Yes I did ride a boost with the 3 inch on it.

You cut down the Doo track?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My good old transgender buddy Niner cut it for me he is a master track cutter !!!!

Ah, he did contact me on cutting tracks, i might have to take him up on it. I freaking hate doing it. I had to do a few M9115, if i get a few more orders i might need to call on his services. LOL

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah, he did contact me on cutting tracks, i might have to take him up on it. I freaking hate doing it. I had to do a few M9115, if i get a few more orders i might need to call on his services. LOL
https://youtu.be/n1LI4CQt008

sure I’ll cut them for you. I just ordered a 9115 for my pro I need to cut down.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/n1LI4CQt008

sure I’ll cut them for you. I just ordered a 9115 for my pro I need to cut down.

Excellent, looks like you have a technique. I will keep you in mind for sure.
The M9115, best big power turbo track in the industry, its the only track i use. If you have the power it will make a 600lbs sled wheel stand in 3ft of fresh pow.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Chrisco add one more track to the list that we are going to compare. See if Lund is correct on it’s awesomeness. Hopefully cutting it tomorrow. Might have to use my 10 mm wrench with all this traction.

Attachments

• A0D77F65-A787-420E-8E70-1CB218636BE1.jpg
    A0D77F65-A787-420E-8E70-1CB218636BE1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 3AED15F5-08C0-4225-AA7E-A31DAAA9C506.jpg
    3AED15F5-08C0-4225-AA7E-A31DAAA9C506.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 200

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious as to why you don't use/your thoughts on the 9311 and 9220.
I've had the 9220 before and liked it quite a bit. It is very soft though. Great in deep pow, not so much on hard snow. Kinda seems like it was the predecessor to the 9433.

Top Bottom