pol 800 efi power

BUBBA JIM

Reaction score
hi guys! any one worked over-powered up a 05 pol 800 efi atv ??? what kind of mods are done to these engines for more power-they have toque but are way down on hp ! thanks bubba jim:)

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can get cams, pistons. easiest mods are an aaen exhaust, high flow air filter and some sort of efi programmer. those will give you some gains with little money.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys! any one worked over-powered up a 05 pol 800 efi atv ??? what kind of mods are done to these engines for more power-they have toque but are way down on hp ! thanks bubba jim:)
Won't it over heat with a toque? Or is that just a winter accessory?

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think i would look at puttin some dual hmf pipes on that popo .... probaly sound pretty nice, i know they sound awsome on a brute.

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can get cams, pistons. easiest mods are an aaen exhaust, high flow air filter and some sort of efi programmer. those will give you some gains with little money.

I am looking for some of those gains where can I find them:)

BigDaddyPo

Reaction score

Yeah, I think Hot Seat offers a cam. Some people change out timing keys with a 0.050". Don't know how they really work. There are a few places offering higher compression pistons. I believe Wiseco even has a 82mm piston to swap out, but the water jackets are really close to the cylinder, which can cause problems is you bore them bigger. You also have to get them re-nickasiled if you bore them out. Major money. I've got a PCIII and it has smoothed the motor out a bit. A little more trottle response, but nothing major. THe aaen muffler is supposed to be one of the best for power increase, but they're pretty loud, and you have to re-pack them after a while. Bikeman sells a baffle type muffler for the 800, but again pricey.

A noticable increase in performance but not really a HP increase would be a clutch kit. HC has a great kit that will give you more response at lower rpm. Saves belts too.

Top Bottom