Plus forward A Necessary??

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
Does a plus forward a arm kit REALLY make that much of a difference on the nytro? I understand the weight distribution thing and better rider response but at the end of the day are plus forward guys getting into more technical terain......or just less fatigued at the end of the day???

Last edited:

bourgon

Reaction score
I found it better but I am getting better and better every time I ride it! I think the skinz airframe boards are better of an upgrade! And 1/3 the cost. If you do get a new front end get coil over shocks! I find the fox shocks suck!
I am happy I did the front end on my Nytro hope this helps!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed nothing IMO with my zbros. wished I tried the narrow CR instead. If my OEM wasnt wore out would not have changed it either. I would take the 1000bucks and go on more trips myself. I have tried 4 styles of skiis and that seemed to make more changes to the handling than the 3" forward

bholmlate

Reaction score
I guess it all depends on what you consider better. Everyone i talked to said it helped a bunch. No it doesnt now ride like a pro and never will. People either seem to love the nytro or hate it. some people bought into all the hype and were disappointed that it didn't make the nytro ride like a 100 lbs lighter 2 stroke. the nytro always had a really bad geometry problem up front the 3 in forward front end helps correct it but not completely

aderry

Reaction score
I had the skinz front end on my old nytro and it really helped, rolled over a lot easier and had an easier balance point while sidehilling. Like bourgon said airframes are a good upgrade as well makes the sled much more rigid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Phazer handled better / easier than the nytro and for all intents, the A arms on the panzers are approx 3" further forward compared to the nytro. Nytro motor is / was great but was a pig to ride unless you had loads of powder snow depth. Thought about doing the +3 but then looked at the cost and thought that it would be cheaper in the end to dump them and move to a pair of Pro RMK's - night & day handling.
Had hoped that the Nytro's would have been better but stock versus stock for they were crap and need up spending more time on the phazers at the time.

loudelectronics

Reaction score
Old thread but my 2 cents. I have a 13 nytro with skinz a arms and elka stage 5 shocks. Made a huge difference I felt. Sled was way easier to pull over and side hill or maneuver down hill. On trail the handling was much more predictable and with the Elkas could drive it as hard as I wanted to. I feel that the shocks have just as much to do with it as anything. If suspension is not set up correctly and you do not have the heim joints set up with the correct camber it could go down hill in a hurry. I honestly love the way the sled handles and if I did not have so much invested in a viper I would turbo it and use the snot out of it. I can drive it better than I can drive a pro or doo and even my viper.

droleo45

Reaction score
So i just picked up a set of cr 37 +3. Only bin out locally once this season with the barkbusters. Goin to install the cr kit and head to golden to test. I have a bud that installed the zbros so will b good to ride both. I wonder if all that try these different kits actually give them a fair test with different suspension / castor / camber settings. My sled bin on the jenny craig - $$$, 565 full up. Not sure of other weights but i love my black beauty.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does a plus forward a arm kit REALLY make that much of a difference on the nytro? I understand the weight distribution thing and better rider response but at the end of the day are plus forward guys getting into more technical terain......or just less fatigued at the end of the day???
I installed a CR 36 1/2" +3" fore ward A-arm setup on my 2010 a couple years back. Chad only made a few of these and on request will make more.
Anyhow, it made a DRASTIC handling change, from trail to technical, basically across the board.
On trail you really need to pay attention, especially if your on an extreme track, i run a 174. The sled at high speed can be VERY tippy and blow corner's easily.
Off trail the sled can be laid on its side with little effort, pulling tight cookies, uphill turn's and side hilling is 100% better and easier then even a lot of 2strokes. But it still doesn't eliminate the typical heavy feel of the Nytro and at the end of a day you still feel it.

One of the best mod and money spent on a Nytro to help with weight and feel of weight is a radiator delete and installation of a rear heat exchanger.
Even though the sled is not any lighter, it feel's a lot lighter as it distributes the weight over the entire tunnel instead of having it all concentrated up high over the engine. Absolute best mod i did to my Nytro that gave the best overall result's.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pic's, 36 1/2" stance center to center.
DSC_0014-2.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with what Lund has said. I have been running the skinz kit, I don't really have a comparison as my stock front end was wore out and binding with no load on it when I purchased the sled. I went skinz because I got a good snowandmud deal on them. If I were to do it again it would definitely be the cr narrow stance. I came off an RT 1000 same as Lund before. My complaints with the nytro is it feels top heavy, like bouncing a unicycle when on edge. I feel the cr narrow stance would be nice because it would allow the sled to panel out. The rt was like this and also a heavy tank, once you through it on the side you could ride as long as you wanted with out it trying to dive up or down hill.
Any ways this year I have dropped my fuel tank 4" and have added a rear cooler. I feel it should drastically alter the handing. Haven't had a chance to ride yet and my project isn't quite finished yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom