pls explain

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish someone can explain how gas prices in Kamloops can be $1.06/l and an hr away here in Armstrong we are $1.29/l We hear prices are high because of oil, refinery space etc etc but $0.24/l difference throws that explanation out the window especially when the fuel comes from the same refinery. :confused::confused:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I wish someone can explain how gas prices in Kamloops can be $1.06/l and an hr away here in Armstrong we are $1.29/l We hear prices are high because of oil, refinery space etc etc but $0.24/l difference throws that explanation out the window especially when the fuel comes from the same refinery. :confused::confused:

Armstrong uses more to make cheese ........ so you have to pay more!!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Simple. People are paying it, so they just keep putting the price up. Sure you hear lots of complaining about the high gas prices, but how many of us stayed home cause of the high prices? Not a whole lot i'm guessing.
But I do agree. It's ridiculous.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple. People are paying it, so they just keep putting the price up. Sure you hear lots of complaining about the high gas prices, but how many of us stayed home cause of the high prices? Not a whole lot i'm guessing.
But I do agree. It's ridiculous.

I bet more and more people actually do think about the cost of fuel when planning their trips compared to a few years ago. Either way, this makes no sense. It should be relatively close from one city to another for the exception of a couple cents because of local additional taxes.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what high gas prices will eventually do is make people not enjoy life as much, with less traveling and so on

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
with fuel prices where they are transportation costs for that hour are high....:eek:

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Clement to ask for hearings on Canada's gas prices

As of today...:mad:

Here are the average per-litre gas prices at a number of Canadian cities, as reported by GasBuddy.com, a website that tracks daily gas prices in Canada (Wednesday's average price is in brackets):

Montreal: $1.43 ($1.46)
Toronto: $1.36 ($1.41)
Ottawa: $1.29 ($1.35)
Winnipeg: $1.32 ($1.27)
Calgary: $1.29 ($1.26)
Vancouver: $1.41 ($1.42)

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Clement to ask for hearings on Canada's gas prices

As of today...:mad:

Here are the average per-litre gas prices at a number of Canadian cities, as reported by GasBuddy.com, a website that tracks daily gas prices in Canada (Wednesday's average price is in brackets):

Montreal: $1.43 ($1.46)
Toronto: $1.36 ($1.41)
Ottawa: $1.29 ($1.35)
Winnipeg: $1.32 ($1.27)
Calgary: $1.29 ($1.26)
Vancouver: $1.41 ($1.42)

Diesel across better part of MB and north eastern SK, 1.19-1.23/l, on the weekend.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Ok explain this.... why in May of 2008 Oil was $150 a barrel gas shot up to $1.20/L because the of oil was so high now May 2010 oil $99/barrel gas still $1.20/L ???

Something like the par Canadian dollar if you paid that price before you will continue to pay it?

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Cost factors...that's what it's all about. From the time of the land sale right to your tank the cost of production is staggering...I'll give them that. But these multi million dollar companies never seece to amaze me. Whoa is me, poor bastards. Pockets continue to get lined in more ways than one, don't kid your self. The four western provinces are continuing to be busier now thanks to some what of a boom for oil and gas again. Some of these projects are huge and industry is going to stay steady for the next 5yrs...so I've been hearing :rolleyes: If there is a drastic drop in fuel prices I'll be surprised but don't you count on saving pennies just yet.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ok explain this.... why in May of 2008 Oil was $150 a barrel gas shot up to $1.20/L because the of oil was so high now May 2010 oil $99/barrel gas still $1.20/L ???

Something like the par Canadian dollar if you paid that price before you will continue to pay it?

You just answered your own question. Because the oil and gas sector know this all to well. " Big Oil " as some might say it controls everything in my opinion..not government because they're small potatoes. The only time there is any reaction to the cry of the Canadian stiff is at election time, go figure. Do you really want to walk or ride your bike everywhere? Probably not. So who really makes the world go round, I ask you...:hmm:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-consumption/gas-price1.htm a US perspective.

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this cannot be explained. I just wish one day some one could clarify this bs as nothing is adding up. :confused:

Top Bottom