plowing with your quad

steveo

Reaction score
:rant: Got home from work last night to find a NOTICE TO COMPLY by the city.I have been plowing my driveway and the neighbours as well and the city sidewalks.Well one neighbour thought that he would call the city because i was plowing the street in front of my house with my quad and pushing it in the corner of street ( snow from street not my private property)not blocking the driveways or restricting the flow of traffic.This is the kicker "the by-law says you cannot put snow from private property onto city property and you cannot push or move snow from city property to city property....... in other words plowing the streets is breaking the law.But the city does not want to plow unless there is at least 10cm of snow on the roadway............so next time you see a city truck plowing the streets take a good look at him you just might see him on americas most wanted.......... he is breaking the law !!!!!!! Tax dollars hard at work to come up with these stupid laws!!! :realmad: By the way the fine is $110.00 for helping the city!!!! :mad:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Amazing how we all seem to have one brainless nieghbor! LOL!
catmando!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rant: Got home from work last night to find a NOTICE TO COMPLY by the city.I have been plowing my driveway and the neighbours as well and the city sidewalks.Well one neighbour thought that he would call the city because i was plowing the street in front of my house with my quad and pushing it in the corner of street ( snow from street not my private property)not blocking the driveways or restricting the flow of traffic.This is the kicker "the by-law says you cannot put snow from private property onto city property and you cannot push or move snow from city property to city property....... in other words plowing the streets is breaking the law.But the city does not want to plow unless there is at least 10cm of snow on the roadway............so next time you see a city truck plowing the streets take a good look at him you just might see him on americas most wanted.......... he is breaking the law !!!!!!! Tax dollars hard at work to come up with these stupid laws!!! :realmad: By the way the fine is $110.00 for helping the city!!!! :mad:

Crappy neighbors suck.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, so from city property to private property must be okay......push it into his driveway.

steveo

Reaction score
hmmmm, so from city property to private property must be okay......push it into his driveway.

:thumbsup2:The funny thing is I thought about that or take the fine and block his drivway full of snow!!!:D

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup2:The funny thing is I thought about that or take the fine and block his drivway full of snow!!!:D
mebbe we could get a few members to pitch in for the fine, I'd chuck a 20 into the kitty to see the pics....an extra 20 if you get one of the look on his face when he comes out.....:D

just kidding of course. or am I? revenge is so much fun...
pot.gif

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty simple solution. Call the bylaw enforcement officer and tell him Exactly what you were doing and why. Your plowing because you can't get out of the driveway because the city doesn't plow.

The revenge idea will just cause more problems then its worth.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was doing the same thing afew years ago up here in Cold Lake. Same story.
I plowed the whole length of the streets sidewalks, 10 houses in all, and someone called in and I had a nice note left at my door from the city.
Stop or you will be fined!
Just cant be the nice neighbor.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty simple solution. Call the bylaw enforcement officer and tell him Exactly what you were doing and why. Your plowing because you can't get out of the driveway because the city doesn't plow.

The revenge idea will just cause more problems then its worth.

Yup, just plow everyones walk and driveway except the guy/gal that complained. They obviously don't appreciate it.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Steveo maybe some of us fellow snow and mudders should show up w/ our quads and plows. We could help ya push a little snow over to a certain location....lol

Last edited:

steveo

Reaction score
Steveo maybe some of us fellow snow and mudders should show up w/ our quads and plows. We could help ya push a little snow over to a certain location....lol

I'll supply beer, pizza, and gas.......... only if it was that easy !!!!

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I thought only my city slicker , do noth'in but whine about the snow, neighbors were a bunch of crybabies ! .... Again, I live in the states in Utah. We don't get near the snow you in the Great White North do (Dang it all anyway). I live in a cul-da-sac, you know, a deadend street that looks like a keyhole. Well, I, like some of you, plow several driveway, the sidewalks, the end of the street where the city dumps the snow from the thru street (and everyone in a car gets stuck) and low & behold ..... they told me to stop or I was gonna get a fine .... WHAT ?? ....... So, now, when it snows, I call the city every 20 minutes want'in to know when they are gonna use my tax dollars to plow my street that they, the city, allowed the developer to build ...... ya know what, I think they hate me ........ cause after a while .... the lazy no-goods won't answer the dang phone. So I got some of the neighbors to start call'in ..... the city gets there pretty quick now ....... funny thing thou ....how I seem to get more snow in front of my driveway than others ?? ... You don't think they know where I live do ya ?? ........ NAH !!!!

funky10

Reaction score
Ya some people get jealous, o well they are the same people who complain just about everything. I lived in a neighbourhood like that. We sold our place and moved to a nicer one. Well guess what, everyone there has toys, they all keep to themselves. Wow i could not believe when i plowed the sidewalks one evening. I got 2 bottles of wine and rum and all sorts of baked goods. My neighbours love me!! Atleast i think?? LOL!!! Good luck with plowing, push the snow up so they cant see you!!1

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO !!!!! ....... Polarice, never thought about chang'in my house numbers, that's a good'un ... to late now however ... they have me pegged.:eek:
Funky10 ... You bragg'in ?? :PDT_gun: :PDT_hah:
But alas ... the snow has stopped in the lowlands ... so I'll deal with it this coming winter ...... :common001: :paddle: :common001:

Later ....
Gunny :thumbsup2:

Top Bottom