Plowing season has started

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tonight i got help from MuddyBrute and Catmando who let me use is garage we put some hot grips on the GRIZZ and afterward i had enough snow in the back alley to do a few passes can,t wait to Plow with warm hands.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Don't have enough snow to plow yet but the blade is on,ready to go.

Attachments

• Dec 8 2008 002.jpg
    Dec 8 2008 002.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 59

justalv

Reaction score
Hey guys...speeking about plowing,I have a 700 sportsman and I seem to have lost the power to my reverse overide and some of my speedo functions...really need that 4x4 for backing up...any ideas?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...speeking about plowing,I have a 700 sportsman and I seem to have lost the power to my reverse overide and some of my speedo functions...really need that 4x4 for backing up...any ideas?

First of all you should not be plowing in a Speedo... especially during this cold snap we are having? :d

Could your problem be a fuse? maybe a short somewhere? I never use my reverse overide while backing unless i'm in deep mud or snow. You should be able to get away with out it?, for now.

justalv

Reaction score
Thanks but In Blue River we get 10 feet of snow so when I plow its for real and not just the dust you guys get in alberta.I get real stuck when I have to reverse:) I might as well leave it in the garage without reverse:nono:I will check for fuses but I don't have that many to check.Maybe one...

grizzly se

Reaction score
for starters its a popo. I had the 700 grizz out Saturday pushing snow [8"] and man does it push snow, need to extend the blade to push more

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hey guys dont pick on my dads quad, that thing has gone far, and has been through alot of abuse (thats the one i ride with dad) not much has gone wrong with it

N0fx_oo

Reaction score
Tonight i got help from MuddyBrute and Catmando who let me use is garage we put some hot grips on the GRIZZ and afterward i had enough snow in the back alley to do a few passes can,t wait to Plow with warm hands.

Hey guys looking to get some hand warmers for the quad any suggestions, CT has some for 80.00 was wondering if they are any good or has any one had a chance to try them out.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys dont pick on my dads quad, that thing has gone far, and has been through alot of abuse (thats the one i ride with dad) not much has gone wrong with it

So you were driving it , and now dad has issue .. hmm could this have been driver abuse? :eek:

J/K :beer:<-- this is a root beer for you

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my Renegade with a blade. Does it ever push snow. I put a set of ice screws in it as well, they really make a big difference too.

Attachments

• 100_1192 (Small).JPG
    100_1192 (Small).JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_1193 (Small).JPG
    100_1193 (Small).JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 55

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well it is a Polaris.....lucky if it makes it out of the garage..:d:d:d

On a serious note check the wires below where the handle bars mount to the steering post and places where they are attached. Possibly a broken wire from PR's wear and tear on the poor machine while turning handle bars back and forth. If nothing there for broken wires it could be possible that the button is shot.
Good luck....

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you can get some sort of blocks to go in the front springs to hold the front end of the quad up with the blade on it. Anybody tried one of these or made some?

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wondering about those blocks as well.

I saw these on the Moose Snow Plow site...go buy them sledneck and then report back...

Flexible spring spacers install in minutes and offer additional front or rear suspension stiffness while using items such as snow plows, sprayers, and spreaders. Fits most utility ATV stock shocks with spring diameter up to 3"

$39.95
Part Number Description Price
0431-0260 Suspension Spring Wedges $39.95

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 140

Gimpster

Reaction score
I saw these on the Moose Snow Plow site...go buy them sledneck and then report back...

Flexible spring spacers install in minutes and offer additional front or rear suspension stiffness while using items such as snow plows, sprayers, and spreaders. Fits most utility ATV stock shocks with spring diameter up to 3"

$39.95
Part Number Description Price
0431-0260 Suspension Spring Wedges $39.95

I use them on my lifted 450 Foreman while plowing with a 50" Moose plow
Without them while lifting the blade full of snow it felt like I was going to flip over foreward. They stabilized the quad quite a bit in this aspect. Thinking of installing a second set in each front spring.

----- Gimpster -----

Gimpster

Reaction score
I have them on my 450 Foreman. High lifter lift kit and 50" Moose plow.
Without the plow on, they leveled out the lift kit. (no issuses with added axle knuckle angle)
They help the quad from sagging out so bad with a blade full of snow stuck to it. I've been thinking of slipping a second set for this winter of plowing

----- Gimpster -----

Top Bottom