Pledge/WD 40/Pam Whats the best to help with mud removal?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people use pledge/pam /wd40 etc....What works best...??

After the mud bogs in Rimbey i need some preventitive measures...3 Tanks of gas to get the machines clean..That clay i had to pull of almost by hand...any ideas.....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying lucas slick mist this weekend.

I will spray the mofo's down.And then see how easy they wash..

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use pledge myself.I have heard that wd-40 eats plastic and rubber.I have also heard that Pam attracts bears.I have no idea if there is any truth to that.My 2 cents

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kids.:d:d:d:d:d:d and :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
they seem to work not bad gotta keep on em though.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried Pam and thought it made it worse, on the flip side i was able to cook eggs on my HMF with no issues.....

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I use pledge myself.I have heard that wd-40 eats plastic and rubber.I have also heard that Pam attracts bears.I have no idea if there is any truth to that.My 2 cents

From the WD40 website:
What surfaces or materials are OK to use WD-40 on?

WD-40 can be used on just about everything. It is safe for metal, rubber, wood and plastic. WD-40 can be applied to painted metal surfaces without harming the paint. Polycarbonate and clear polystyrene plastic are among the few surfaces on which to avoid using a petroleum-based product like WD-40.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SC1 silacone wax,you get it a bike shops,work awsome,plus makes you quad look nice when applied.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't know man, i have tryed everything just about.. have not found anything that makes you say wow! the only thing you say wow about is the price of each can, you buy, just to make your bike look like a slick bamboo's arse! LOL>>> too funny! buy the time you get a decent layer on your bike, the can is just about emty.

just get your bike dipped in teflon, now that would be a neat idea, if it worked.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 850 firehosed pretty good,let the rzr dry with that clay on it and had to dam near scrape it off with a screwdriver....I have not found the right solution as of yet ,either...

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 850 firehosed pretty good,let the rzr dry with that clay on it and had to dam near scrape it off with a screwdriver....I have not found the right solution as of yet ,either...

Honestly, fawk all works very well to take that Rimbey sludge off. It cost me over $30 to wash my Outty last year after the mud bogs. I did get me a couple nice big trophies though, so it was worth it.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I dont mean to sound like a jackass, but dont any of you guys have a pressure washer? Man we get that weird clay based mud out on the base, it dries to a substance similar to concrete, but a good washing with a pressure washer cures the problem. Im not convinced the putting something on BEFORE the mud actually works, but if there is a preduct that does, im willing to try it...

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always throw my quad into the enclosed trailer the night before we leave so the mud does NOT dry....pressure wash as soon as I get home and it's usually not too bad.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A Hotzsy has always worked wonders for me, with a quick covering of Spray 9, once all the big chit was off.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A Hotzy is my next purchase...cold water only gets ya so far...

Cold water does only get you so far, and you have to use waay more Spray 9 & some elbow grease.

But a cold water pressure washer (at home) can save one lots of $$$ at the carwash. jmo

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Cold water does only get you so far, and you have to use waay more Spray 9 & some elbow grease.

But a cold water pressure washer (at home) can save one lots of $$$ at the carwash. jmo

You can say that again...at $30-$50 a unit, and even a small outfit like me can have 8 units a day out, way too much coin at a car wash. I love my pressure washer, and I love clean equipment. Nothing looks worse on a jobsite then a bunch of dirty, muddy, and oil stained equipment. Also much easier to watch for leaks and breakage.

We do actually use car wax on our equipment and it seems to keep it somewhat cleaner, less dust sticks to it, so sorta the same concept as WD40 on a quad I guess...

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can say that again...at $30-$50 a unit, and even a small outfit like me can have 8 units a day out, way too much coin at a car wash. I love my pressure washer, and I love clean equipment. Nothing looks worse on a jobsite then a bunch of dirty, muddy, and oil stained equipment. Also much easier to watch for leaks and breakage.

We do actually use car wax on our equipment and it seems to keep it somewhat cleaner, less dust sticks to it, so sorta the same concept as WD40 on a quad I guess...

Just a plain old cheap car wax, works wonders on everything except rubber to help keep the dirt off or easier to clean. I love using car wax on the inside & out of glass.

I work for the man, and we have 25 rolling billboards on the road on any givin day. Even in my industry, a clean truck is a noticed truck & says a LOT about the operators & owners.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok that may be a bit overkill but honestly get a hotzy pressure washer and you won't have to worry about the products any more

Top Bottom