Please help! Im out of ideas ( rmk dragon 800)

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have a mouse nest in your pipe/can. Doubt it, but it hasnt been mentioned yet lol

2010_rmk

Reaction score
I had a mid range bog so I added the slp high flow intake kit. More Air???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a mid range bog so I added the slp high flow intake kit. More Air???

Nooooo that mid range bog is from a lean state.. power commander

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

johnnyboy84

Reaction score
Yesterday, i rode it all day with that 7900 rpm problem. But at the en of the day, i cant tell why it actually reached 8200 for a while and then the check engine light came on. Turned off the engine and started it right back, brought i back to 8200 and it started running on one cylinder, so i drove it like that until i reached the road and then ... Dead.
Wouldnt start at all. Brought it home took compression test , both side at 120 and plugs looked fine. Checked i it was making fire, but barely. It starting to drive me crazy, my last resort is to bring it to an other dealer whos knows better than the first one i brought it to...

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did it flash a code or light was on steady and in limp mode?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PM 754bigbore he has a dragon that he has been fighting with since purchase. Pretty much has it figured out now. Maybe he can help you out.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a new voltage regulator on it,had 1 do this on the trail last year,mid range bog,down to 1 cyl,then die,new regulator fixed it,there's an updated one.

2010_rmk

Reaction score
Also installed a new vegulator this summer so between the intake and regulator it's mint now.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry..... not to hijack your thread, but my last couple of rides around home. (Nothing in the hills yet) I'm pretty much having a very similar issue.

I have changed my, spring, weights, gearing, cleaned power valves, great compression, new volt reg, new cpu, new belt, ngk plugs, slp can, less than 400 org miles.
I have noticed in the few rides just around home, and once out in Revy, last March. That I have 3 lights come on, on the dash. Rev light, Oil light and Brake light... (I think)
I only have noticed those flash once, seems to drop a tad in power. Whack the throttle and it cleans up!!!
It's annoying, and thinking that I may have a bad tank of fuel :confused:
I also get a flat spot around 5800-6200 RPM, of just cruising.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry..... not to hijack your thread, but my last couple of rides around home. (Nothing in the hills yet) I'm pretty much having a very similar issue.

I have changed my, spring, weights, gearing, cleaned power valves, great compression, new volt reg, new cpu, new belt, ngk plugs, slp can, less than 400 org miles.
I have noticed in the few rides just around home, and once out in Revy, last March. That I have 3 lights come on, on the dash. Rev light, Oil light and Brake light... (I think)
I only have noticed those flash once, seems to drop a tad in power. Whack the throttle and it cleans up!!!
It's annoying, and thinking that I may have a bad tank of fuel :confused:
I also get a flat spot around 5800-6200 RPM, of just cruising.

5800-6200 is the lean spot, try to keep it out of their. You'd be surprised in the difference good fuel makes.

Last edited:

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can run the power comander v with the fix kit and then it will get rid of the lean spot?

/

johnnyboy84

Reaction score
is there any other way with the original ecu to get rid of the lean spot??
by the way mine's at the dealer right now, i hope they'll be able to make it go to higher than 7900 rpm. maybe its only a bad mapping..

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine had the mid range stumble 5 to 6 thou,the dealer was redoin the April flash and somehow found that the lower injector harness had a bad wire.One injector would sometime's fire sometime not when the motor called for it.Once changed has ran great.Might want to mention this to your dealer.They should have more info this time as you said it threw a code before it quit.Good luck.

johnnyboy84

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Just got back from the dealer with a brand new engine in, put the stock pipe back on except for the can. All injectors have been checked and cleaned. Got rid of that mid range problem but still can get over 7900 rpm .. 8050 when its spinning.
Before it went to the dealer i've been to a whole kind of clutching set up , even put the 10-62 back in to test it ( keep in mind that testing it at sea level) but still no result... I 've also tried 2 other belts , one of them brand new.
Right now i have the slp low elevation spring and ramps in.

Top Bottom