Plasti-Dipped the Sled

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up a 2010 Renegade Backcountry. I didn't like so much yellow and the aluminum tunnel so I picked up 4 cans of plasti dip and went to town. I've used it a bunch on rims etc and know its durability so figured if it didn't turn out I'd just peel it off. What do ya think?

Here it is as I picked it up:

The masking:

5 coats later. Also did the side wind deflectors

Sprayed over all the decals and removed the storage compartment on the seat.

uninc...

Reaction score
I recently did some plastidip on my xm. It's pretty good. Have to be really careful not to get gas on it. Also I was tying the sled down by the bumpers and it peeled up where the strap was. But besides that it's been pretty tough.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great to see i have a question
i have done several wraps on my sleds in the past and i leave the factory decals under there so if i peel the wrap off it looks like new, i was going to spary the hood of my xm has anyone spayed it over decals and peeled it off later, if you carefull will the decals stay on,
thanks

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Looks good! Keep us posted on how it holds up.
Thanks will do.

I recently did some plastidip on my xm. It's pretty good. Have to be really careful not to get gas on it. Also I was tying the sled down by the bumpers and it peeled up where the strap was. But besides that it's been pretty tough.

Ya I'll have to be careful with gas. One good thing about this stuff is easy touch ups.

great to see i have a question
i have done several wraps on my sleds in the past and i leave the factory decals under there so if i peel the wrap off it looks like new, i was going to spary the hood of my xm has anyone spayed it over decals and peeled it off later, if you carefull will the decals stay on,
thanks
. If I peel my plasti dip from my decals they will not come off whatsoever. This stuff is great!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I am working on a project and this might work for a couple pieces......
Were do get this stuff.
Maybe take a clos-up yje can for the ole guy to see..\
Thank you.

RazorSVT

Reaction score
I was looking at doing my a arms, how does it hold up on a part like that? Maybe coil springs too for shocks.

It it should hold up fine, just clean the parts very well and use a wax/adhesive/silicone remover to tac before you spray.

I am working on a project and this might work for a couple pieces......
Were do get this stuff.
Maybe take a clos-up yje can for the ole guy to see..\
Thank you.

i get it at home hardware but think Crappy Tire carries it too.

Here are a few more pics and some close ups for you:

woodnailer

Reaction score
Just a couple quick questions about the plasti-dip, does snow stick to it or is it just to protect everything and keep it looking new?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if heat transfer from snow to exchanger will be affected? Can't see it being much worse

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Just a couple quick questions about the plasti-dip, does snow stick to it or is it just to protect everything and keep it looking new?

Snow will stick to it as much as it normally does to rubber. If you ever want it back to stock you just peel it off and everything underneath has been protected. It's like a condom on whatever you decide to spray it on. Lol

I wonder if heat transfer from snow to exchanger will be affected? Can't see it being much worse

No I wouldn't think it would make a difference at all.

Great work

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up a 2010 Renegade Backcountry. I didn't like so much yellow and the aluminum tunnel so I picked up 4 cans of plasti dip and went to town. I've used it a bunch on rims etc and know its durability so figured if it didn't turn out I'd just peel it off. What do ya think?

Dipped my 13 xm looked decent but doesn't last on first tree rubs.

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Looks good. Can you post a pic of the can it comes in? I won't do my sled but I can think of many other uses for it.

just google searched for this image:
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/plasti-dip-blaze-colors-stock-217495.html

Dipped my 13 xm looked decent but doesn't last on first tree rubs.

thats fine with me, it touches up pretty dam easy. Lol

Top Bottom