Piston gone - Sledbunnyracing

ihatesummer

Reaction score
Oh and if all else fails I have a couple Xms for you to choose from for you and your son. Even has warrant left lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

is there anyway to test if the oil pump is working? My sled blew up and pistons look like sbr's. Mine was definately warmed up.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks just like my 06 when it blew the second time..........oil pump was not working.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Maxwell on this one.... like he says if you mix your gas then run it, fuel up and top off the oil and you can determine the mix that the oiler gave you ...

When it's all back together run 50:1 fuel for the first tank. On first run up hold the injection pump wide open with a cloths hanger for the first warmup cycle to bleed lines. You will know if the injection system is working properly after the first ride by the oil level and won't damage anything if it's not working correctly due to the mixture in the tank. She looks to me like an oiling issue. If it was overheated bad enough to do that you would know by the strange smells, warning lights and sweet smelling steam in yor face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I installed the first piston, bearings and pin and there seems to be a lot of movement up and down plus side to side.
Is this correct/normal.
Of course I didn't pay any attention when taking out the blown ones.
Any help/input would be appreciated.
Thx.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone there ?????

Zien19

Reaction score
Not normal IMO side to side is fine but up and down is not. You need to see if it's the big end rod Bering or the piston bearing.

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well seeing as it's an 07 I would pull the bottom half of motor out and get the cases checked and the crank .. When I brought my 07 with blown motor it look like that

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the same to me .. When I picked mine up the guy had it at riverside and they said bent connecting rod but I think not enough warm up ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 221

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
Sounds like it needs bearings in the bottom end. Cheaper to do it now than after they give out in the Renshaw. On the good news side at least we got to have a couple beers with you the day it blew up. And recover a gas can for you. One of the pros in our group seized up at km 7 the next day. Crank bearing gone. Under warranty still but parts bill to Polaris was $4000.00.

Good luck on the rebuild.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sounds like it needs bearings in the bottom end. Cheaper to do it now than after they give out in the Renshaw. On the good news side at least we got to have a couple beers with you the day it blew up. And recover a gas can for you. One of the pros in our group seized up at km 7 the next day. Crank bearing gone. Under warranty still but parts bill to Polaris was $4000.00.

Good luck on the rebuild.

Hey....I remember you guys, and thank for help'n a Brother out and sharing your beer...lol.
Live long and prosper John Deer....lol
Awe man....I feel his pain at 7k.

Free movement is In the bearing on the pin. Have a new ones on the way, them I burn the midnight oil to get ready for McBride for long weekend.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck hope you make it in time. The snow in renshaw was incredible this past weekend.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going through the same rebuild right now. I ordered a complete rebuild kit from snowX performance. I have an extra 3d rave valve and seals gaskets etc. I ended up with 2 gasket kits.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had no luck with using aftermarket wrist pin bearings lot of headaches went away when I went back to Bombardier bearings also make sure you do your ring gap seen too many people slam motors together just to squeek do to poor gapping.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had no luck with using aftermarket wrist pin bearings lot of headaches went away when I went back to Bombardier bearings also make sure you do your ring gap seen too many people slam motors together just to squeek do to poor gapping.

is that because of the caged bearings?

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No the aftermarket ones I found where alittle narrower then the doo ones and the cage would hammer apart, not sure if they had actually given me the correct ones at the time.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
interesting....i was sent the wrong wrist pin bearings also...grrr still waiting.

I can't complain, spoke to the "guy" I ordered from on Friday afternoon, arrived Monday.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get back to it for a couple of weeks. Should have the old girl running later in the week when I have time to finish it up.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it hasnt even been a week and im complaining !! sometimes i get a little itchy to get things done.

Top Bottom