Pipes and cans

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking into getting a setup for my 12 switchback assault and can't decide.. Anyone have any setups they like or any dislikes

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy has a jaws can on his pro assault, its loud and sounds good, saved some weight im sure

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have about 150 miles on my slp setup and love it. isn't extremely loud. a little louder then stock with a different tone. sled doesn't hickup and the throttle response is great.

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have about 150 miles on my slp setup and love it. isn't extremely loud. a little louder then stock with a different tone. sled doesn't hickup and the throttle response is great.
What's the setup.. Did u get a certain stage kit or jut the single pipe set.. Change anythig clutch wise?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
basically running the stage 2 kit with the v force reeds and my own intake made from flow rites instead of the slp intake. Also running powder valves.

evil1

Reaction score
just fresh back from an exspensive four stoke turbo episooooode myself,,but anyhoo put the mbrp can onn mine,,not loud at all a little savings on weight,,like 4 lbs,,most riders cant tell the difference between a full tank of gas or an empty one so doubt most would notice 4 lbs,,lol good luk anyways,,the sled is lght as it gets,,you might be able to save 15 if you stretch it,,best to spend yer mone on a y-pipe and head,

evil1

Reaction score
Mbrp can is 4 lbs lighter,,i have no reason to run headlights so a lead dog and head light delete is another 4 lbs,,go figure guys,,more hp is the answer sav yer bones

prairie rmk

Reaction score
I've got the stage 3 SLP setup on my pro. Had to go with the low altitude head inserts because I run it at home and in the mountains. Pretty expensive, but deffinitely adds a little grunt. They also offer a head insert for high altitude and 20% race fuel which i'm sure would pull pretty hard. The SLP pipe set doesn't save any weight as far as I know, but it does have a heat shield that I haven't seen anybody else using. Thay claim it helps running consistency, but I also heard they were melting the hoods without it. The can is still quite large, but does allow a guy to adjust the chain tension without removing it. I did melt my side panel a bit when I flopped the sled on its side once, so I layered up a bunch of reflective tape there now. Its not real loud at all, pretty close to stock, but at least it won't burn out like all the glass pack cans out there.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything on the dynoport stuff?? I'm thinking about going with them

Loud, loud, loud. If your into loud and annoying- dynoport is what want. If you want something crisper than stock but not annoying- MBRP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CPI RACING just came out with a pipe and can for the pro, they are sending me one to try this weekend. If they work good I will keep them in stock you can check out the pipe at cpi or Power addiction motorsports. With brads head and a PC5 13 hp. I will be testing in valemount sat sun.

Top Bottom