Pipeline Update!

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend and I went up the Pipeline yesturday(sat) and the lower 10KM of the trail is nasty rough.After the first big hill it is much better.Worth the rough trail to get to the good stuff.Great snow up top but a hole lot of sleds up there.Found lots of ugly possable avalanch areas too.Be carefull out there. Is there any plans to groom the Pipline this year?

GRD

Reaction score
BIGFOOT... You can get access on the way to the townsite of Corbin. Most people unload at the Tin Shack or the Yellow Gates... You can also get access from Morrisey on the Fernie side. When we rode Fernie a couple years back, we unloaded and went into Harvey, access to Morrisey/Pipeline was at another staging are close to where we staged.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
BIGFOOT... You can get access on the way to the townsite of Corbin. Most people unload at the Tin Shack or the Yellow Gates... You can also get access from Morrisey on the Fernie side. When we rode Fernie a couple years back, we unloaded and went into Harvey, access to Morrisey/Pipeline was at another staging are close to where we staged.

Ya..... I know bout that one !!! Thought 'Bunn' was talking somewhere near Cowtown.... Lots of pipelines ! Thks ! :)

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have only seen the pipeline groomed once and that was 10 years ago . legally you cant groom the pipe line because of breakage issues. the company who own the line don't want to take a chance of this happening. i think it would be very unlikely myself. so you can get to notch from morrsi road and that is groomed

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Bigfoot. We went up from the Corbin road at the "Tin Shack".Sorry it's not closer to Clagary,I sure wish it was.
My wife and I went down two years ago with a group from Calgary that Joined several riders from the Crownest and one of the Calgary rental companies.We rode the Pipeline for a day and it was groomed to the first big hill.Maybe just for that day.I remember well because my wife really liked the trail for that very reason.Really I wans't dreaming.But I do know about not grooming for the"breakage issue" though.Our lucky day I guess.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Bigfoot. We went up from the Corbin road at the "Tin Shack".Sorry it's not closer to Clagary,I sure wish it was.
My wife and I went down two years ago with a group from Calgary that Joined several riders from the Crownest and one of the Calgary rental companies.We rode the Pipeline for a day and it was groomed to the first big hill.Maybe just for that day.I remember well because my wife really liked the trail for that very reason.Really I wans't dreaming.But I do know about not grooming for the"breakage issue" though.Our lucky day I guess.

i seen it groomed last year as well
not very often

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I stayed at The Inn on the Boarder that time and sledded right from there.They had groomed their trails to the ditch then we didn't hit groomed trail until the "Tin Shack".We met up with our group at the Shack.They all parked up from the Shack to the left clearing that I also noticed is no longer cleared and used.Anybody know why?

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
Corbin country club is grooming the flathead this thurs.
we groomed last thurs and collected enough money to groom again this week.
we will keep on it as much as possible, as long as the sledders keep buying there Corbin BCSF passes, or donate, we will do our best to keep it smooth..

I would like to see fernie club raise enough funds to groom the coal leach road ( yellow gate ) into wranglers.. wouldnt that be sweet. It all depends on the sledders,, locals are tapped.
contact the fernie snowmobile club or ghostriders if you are interested in helping out..
later..
its snowing right now..

curtis

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started riding out there two winters ago; I've ridden the flathead from Corbin and into Pipeline/Wranglers from the Tin Shack and the small lot further north.

This is the first I've heard of the "Corbin Country Club" or the Ghost Riders. When I ride out of Fernie I buy thier trail pass. I'd like to support the clubs maintaining the trail as well as the Fernie Club (that maintains the Wranglers Cabin).

Any chance of being able to buy a single pass for the area so we can ride from Corbin on groomed and use the Fernie Club cabin?

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey I think they are talking about Ghostrider Motorsports in Fernie. They sell trail pass's there :)

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok the corbin country club was developed to KEEP THE RIDING AREA AROUND CORBIN open they have thier own groomer which is parked at the corbin town site. the fernie club also has there own groomer and they look after the wranglers cabin area and the main trails around fernie. if you ride corbin town site you will need to support that club if you want the 9 Miles of hell groomed.

JackSplat

Reaction score
Curt at the Inn On The Border working hard. Gettin the groomer ready and blowin snow like a madman. :faint:

PIC_0125.jpg
PIC_0123.jpg

Yup, they've got snow!
PIC_0121.jpg

PIC_0122.jpg

:beerchug:

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will do Curtis, thanks for your efforts down there it's a great place to ride! I'll be down there this sat and might stay at your place with the Calgary club ride in Feb.

Top Bottom