Pipeline conditions??

wilsonck

Reaction score
Because of rain 1.5 weeks ago,snow at beginning is like concrete. Way back, there is 3-4" on top of the crust.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

KME

Reaction score
So would the Coal Creek staging area be the best place, is this groomed in towards Wrangler cabin?

Cheerrs -

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So would the Coal Creek staging area be the best place, is this groomed in towards Wrangler cabin?

Cheerrs -

You betcha! Twice a week; Mondays and Fridays and the occasional Wednesday.
We can't get the SnowCat to the Wrangler's due to logging and plowed roads. We groom the entrance to the Rolling Hills about 1 km long and to the top of the Summit around the backside. From the end of the groomed trail, it might be 6 kms to the cabin through the Hills.

It is the best we can doo at this time. We doo appreciate the support everyone is giving us even tho' our conditions with the trail aren't like last year.

KME

Reaction score
Thanks Fernie snow, been in through rolling hills a few times but not from this side, is it hard to find way from end of groomed trail to Wrangler's cabin?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks Fernie snow, been in through rolling hills a few times but not from this side, is it hard to find way from end of groomed trail to Wrangler's cabin?

Just follow the orange ribbons. They will take you to the plowed road near the cabin. Also, the roughest trail through the Hills (the one with the most traffic) will lead to the same place.

If the visibility is poor be careful as you can get turned around quite easily.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were stoped on the road where you come out of the rolling hills and told your not allowed on the plowed tembek road !!! Why have they not made it safe to go to the cabin. Will it take a death or serious injury for the loging company to provide a spot on the side of the road for us . WTF. Perhaps legal action is in order. Oh yea not till someone is run over by a loging truck.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
We were stoped on the road where you come out of the rolling hills and told your not allowed on the plowed tembek road !!! Why have they not made it safe to go to the cabin. Will it take a death or serious injury for the loging company to provide a spot on the side of the road for us . WTF. Perhaps legal action is in order. Oh yea not till someone is run over by a loging truck.

Logging operation has all the rights, (and you are actually tresspassing)...not the sledders...Only legal action you will see is if they run you over and you damage a truck, you may get sued LOL

You better know what you are doing and where you are going if you plan to be sledding around active logging operations...or you may become a hood ornament on one of those fast moving trucks that are bothering you...

If you had spent the time to do some reading here on the site you would know what was going on as there have been numerous warnings and notifications regarding the logging operation.

Seriously, get with the program...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Logging operation has all the rights, (and you are actually tresspassing)...not the sledders...Only legal action you will see is if they run you over and you damage a truck, you may get sued LOL

You better know what you are doing and where you are going if you plan to be sledding around active logging operations...or you may become a hood ornament on one of those fast moving trucks that are bothering you...

If you had spent the time to do some reading here on the site you would know what was going on as there have been numerous warnings and notifications regarding the logging operation.

Seriously, get with the program...

X2.....and I may add, please read my comments in the Snowmobile Chat section.

Last edited:

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Longhorn I feel I am misunderstood . The trail is clearly marked to the loging road. People are going there and driving down the road to get to the cabin . Who put the ribbons to the road? That is where the law suit would start . I would hate to see the fernie club be responsible.I value that sled area more than any thing, it has been part of my life for a long time and I am a member of the fernie club. I am just trying to be responsible. Thanks for your replies and yes I have spent some time reading here.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Longhorn I feel I am misunderstood . The trail is clearly marked to the loging road. People are going there and driving down the road to get to the cabin . Who put the ribbons to the road? That is where the law suit would start . I would hate to see the fernie club be responsible.I value that sled area more than any thing, it has been part of my life for a long time and I am a member of the fernie club. I am just trying to be responsible. Thanks for your replies and yes I have spent some time reading here.

Catrutt...

I apologize if it sounded like I jumped on your back (cause I did) but this is something that we have been talking about all season so far and as far as I am concerned those of us that ride that area a lot have been following the news, so we are in the loop.

Now on to your problem, you ask some good questions, and I will fess up that I do not have the answers to those questions ie who put ribbons on road? If you are a member of the Fernie Club I think questions like that should be directed to someone there. I can only comment on the logging operations and how we as sledders have to interact with that activity.

Maybe someone else with more knowledge of the situation like FS can offer some of these answers, but I cannot.

Be careful out there...

Top Bottom