Pinehurst or Touchwood Lake Camping & Riding

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My uncle just sent me a message, he is looking to go up to this area to camp and quad next week but being he has a toy hauler he wants to be able to park somewhere and not have to trailer out to staging areas.

Does anyone know of any campgrounds or area's that allow camping where you can hit the trails right from your campsite?

Thanks!

DonKiddic

Reaction score
The atv trails from touchwood are real close to the campground. But when I was there last you still couldnt ride from the sites.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The atv trails from touchwood are real close to the campground. But when I was there last you still couldnt ride from the sites.
That's also what he was told when he phoned them. He may just have to load in the truck box to go to staging area.

Thanks for your response

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't drive from the campsite at either place as they are both provincial parks. Just before the park at Pinehurst there is a staging area and a nice trail that will take you to lake I believe it is ironwood., nice boardwalks over the bad spots about an hour ride to the lake. Make sure you have everything in order a there is heavy warden presence in that area. There is real good fishing at both lakes Pinehurst gets rough when the wind comes up.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

Yup can't ride from campsites touchwood stage 10 is about 10km down the road pinehurst from what i remember is right outside the gate but is has been many moons since i was there

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
thanks all.... in his normal style he has decided to take an entirely different vacation and is off to Barkerville instead......

I may have to go check out this area though!

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks all.... in his normal style he has decided to take an entirely different vacation and is off to Barkerville instead......

I may have to go check out this area though!

Just set yourself up to camp in the bush like all us locals do. If you camp at seibert I can show you hundreds of miles of trails.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just set yourself up to camp in the bush like all us locals do. If you camp at seibert I can show you hundreds of miles of trails.

I'm setup to bush camp, he however is not really...... this area is being added to my list of places to check out!

Top Bottom