Pigeon Lake

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard through the grape vine that people are riding on the lake already. Can anyone else confirm this?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Stupid is as Stupid does.

hrmmmm....thats kind of mean......pigeon is very shallow these years, with very little running into to it with no current......could very well be thick enough, just make sure you check for yourself first.

there are track on sylvan already....wont try it myself just yet but plan on checking it in the next week or so

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hrmmmm....thats kind of mean......pigeon is very shallow these years, with very little running into to it with no current......could very well be thick enough, just make sure you check for yourself first.

there are track on sylvan already....wont try it myself just yet but plan on checking it in the next week or so

thanks plio. I was just wondering if anyone has been out there just to get an idea if it was close yet. Just a long drive to go check myself. I will be checking the ice thickness before I attempt riding on it. I don't blame rubirose for his retarded comment, I wouldn't expect any less from a person with nothing better to do than poke at people on the internet:rant:

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eight to ten inches of ice at Long Lake. You should be fine at Pigeon.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked the trout pond here and there is exactly 8 inches. Almost ime to get the shack out :d:beer::d

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in Fort Mac right now and they are sledding on the clearwater river and crossing the athabasca river. Even pickups crossing the clearwater river. :eek: Just check the ice thickness is all :d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i'm in fort mac right now and they are sledding on the clearwater river and crossing the athabasca river. Even pickups crossing the clearwater river. :eek: Just check the ice thickness is all :d

crossing the athabasca? Wow, that's early.......the clearwater slough, i believe, but wouldn't catch me on the athabasca yet.... Cold up there dale?

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I keep looking at the "Blindman River" everytime I go to Red Deer. Still waiting to see the first tracks !!!! I usually wait to between Xmas and New Years to ride on the rivers around central Alberta.(thats most years any way !!)

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lied !!! I saw lots of tracks this week on the Blindman River and a few tracks on the Battle River by Ponoka this week !!! I still might wait till middle of the month at least till I feel confindent about ridin on ice !! (I know I'm a chicken !)

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lied !!! I saw lots of tracks this week on the Blindman River and a few tracks on the Battle River by Ponoka this week !!! I still might wait till middle of the month at least till I feel confindent about ridin on ice !! (I know I'm a chicken !)

better to be safe than sorry :d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah saw a few tracks on the blindman river, down the centre. good thing the water moves slow. may still want to wait as there is still a lack of snow.:(

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crossing the athabasca? Wow, that's early.......the clearwater slough, i believe, but wouldn't catch me on the athabasca yet.... Cold up there dale?

Yup they had a real cold snap, the sleds crossing the Athabasca are pinned out but no wet spots behind them sooooo. I know I wouldnt be trying it but the Clearwater would be an easy cross.

Robins

Reaction score
Being a full time area resident, I can tell you that there have been three vehicles go through the ice already at Pigeon Lake this year.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a full time area resident, I can tell you that there have been three vehicles go through the ice already at Pigeon Lake this year.

Sounds about right.......

Top Bottom