Pieps beacon in lochsa

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning guys,

My lochsa has a beacon pocket I’d like to use, however my pieps seems to be permanently attached to its harness...is the only way to get it off to cut it?...I really don’t like cutting when it comes to safety equipment however the harness can be bulky under my monosuit

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which pieps transceiver is it? Mine comes off the harness.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to pull the loop loose and it doesn't look like it will fit but the transceiver does fit through the loop.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning guys,

My lochsa has a beacon pocket I’d like to use, however my pieps seems to be permanently attached to its harness...is the only way to get it off to cut it?...I really don’t like cutting when it comes to safety equipment however the harness can be bulky under my monosuit
I don't know if you have been reading the latest on the Pieps beacons or not, but this probably isn't a great idea.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pieps has stepped up... if you own a DSP pro or a DSP sport they are willing to aid you in stepping into the new generation of transceivers which have some pretty swanky options because they know that trust in your gear is of superior importance. I am working on trading up my two DSP pros currently

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pieps has stepped up... if you own a DSP pro or a DSP sport they are willing to aid you in stepping into the new generation of transceivers which have some pretty swanky options because they know that trust in your gear is of superior importance. I am working on trading up my two DSP pros currently

How long did it take to get momentum on this. I filled out a claim but no word yet.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have submitted my email but have heard nothing back yet. I knew of the issue previously as I have had mine turn off on me one day after taking the bars to the chest hard. I discovered that it was off at lunch which thankfully was only 1-1.5 hours later but from that day forward always had the screen facing my stomach and never had another issue. I am not too terribly concerned about it but figure if a company is willing to step up after assessing a design flaw I would be crazy to not get on board. I didn’t spend the big bucks for no reason, so I hope and expect that they will take care of me. I honestly don’t even mind ponying up a few bucks to help with the upgrade.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how to post photos, but I have a screen shot with the instructions and addresses to send the info to depending on your location. I would lobe to have that here for people to see but I am no where near tech savvy enough to work this site lol.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Negative. The message I have is from pieps and states “We know confidence in your equipment is key. If you have any concerns about your DSP pro/sport, please contact us. We will offer you an upgrade to the latest generation of avalanche transceivers”

If you are in North America contact us at:
dsp@pieps.com

For anywhere else contact us at:
support@pieps.com

I just had to quit being such a lazy azz and write it out for you guys.

Top Bottom