Piece of crap rear shock

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Thought I would do a little post about arctic cats piece of junk rear air shock. I can never stop my machine from wheeling like crazy so I took the air shock out and went to Arctic cat and ordered a regular coil over Fox shock. The shock cost me $180 and I had a spare spring from my 2013 Polaris Pro on the shelf. I put that on the machine and rode it all day last weekend with excellent results. The front skis only came off the ground 6 inches and I believe I gained quite a bit climbing with it because it no longer wheelied all over the place. I also was tired of how much the air shock sagged out really bad and never came back to the top. This new coil over did not fail all day long and on the trail it rode every bit as good as my exit shock on my pro. This might be useless information that can possibly help somebody I hope because it is the best mod I have done so far. Now all I need is now all I need a 3 " track, anyone got one for cheap?

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Air shocks in the skid are hit and miss at best, generally a waste of time. Replacing with coil over definite one of the best mods for the money spent.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I always had my rear Float swapped out with a coilover at T&T before I even picked my sleds up. They never had an issue with doing that for me.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep I always had my rear Float swapped out with a coilover at T&T before I even picked my sleds up. They never had an issue with doing that for me.

and now look.... you've gone from the good side, to the dark side....... ;)

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Sorry the sled is a 2013 pro climb 800 completely stock with a set of gears and a can, its my spare sled that I will be teaching my 14 year old boy to ride, lucky bugger eh!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and now look.... you've gone from the good side, to the dark side....... ;)

I still have it Tyler. My 16 year old was looking to buy a sled since all his buddies bought sleds this fall. I just happened to have a 2014 ProClimb with a bunch of extra money into it sitting in my garage with 300 kms on it for him to use for free. Which gave me an excuse to try something different.:cool:

gforce_15

Reaction score
I've been disappointed with the float 2 in my 2013 proclimb skid as well. Seems to be sacked out after riding a few miles and won't rebound properly. Looking to find a coil over to replace it

cat925

Reaction score
Got a 3" one off my 16 m8 1000.00 maybe 100 miles on it $1000 takes it 780-914-5825

Top Bottom