Pics of Valemount riding- Canoe Mountain

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
So we did our 4 days of riding in Valemount. Stayed at Canoe River Campgound. First day went up Canoe Mountain, snow still on high trail so did not make it all the way to the top. Put on over 300kms in those 4 days, a lot of old forestry road riding, very dusty, recommend dust masks for those following, went into a few valleys to the end of trail. Hubby had a sow and her 2 cubs run in front of him on the trail. Ended up on a couple of sled trails. Any way here are a few pics. Canoe Mtn trail (640x357).jpg Looking SW (640x343).jpg Mt. Robson from Canoe Mtn. Trail (640x359).jpg Mtn Robson (640x480).jpg On Canoe Mtn (640x320).jpg Kinbasket Lake, Canoe Mtn (640x480).jpg P7030052 (640x421).jpg
PS: If anyone ever asks you if a bear ****s in the woods, you can say " No, they **** on the quad trails" Never have we seen so much of it.lol

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you try the Ptarmigan trail? I love that ride but went there two years ago to find the spring floods made it inaccessible.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you try the Ptarmigan trail? I love that ride but went there two years ago to find the spring floods made it inaccessible.

Me and my wife were there last weekend we went up to ptarmigan road but it was a little too over grown for the dirt bikes. But You are able to drive there with a truck. Here's a few pics of ptarmigan bay. The road was not repaired after the bay tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

Nope. Did the Westridge Family loop, boring. Did end up in some valley though which was very nice, before we finished the loop. Also went to some Helicopter fly in place along the Canoe River road, very nice ride that one, ended up crossing Cochrane Crossing and on some sled trails, also very nice. Rode along the West side of Kinbasket lake on the old logging road, still active but very dusty and again kind of boring, I am used to actual trails. BUT you cannot beat the scenery when riding in BC. Overall a very good few days and the weather was perfect.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't enjoy riding the roads too much either. The Ptarmigan valley was the only decent trail I was able to find out there. ...and the acenery was out of this world.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom