People are out of control!!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our military will always be in this state until someone in govt starts taking this issue seriously. I know it wont be the Liberals as they just cancel contracts the Conservatives sign on to.

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As someone that did time in the military, and has spent over 20 years as a first responder, I can say that most of what you wrote is your opinion based on what you saw in Bosnia and would not likely happen here. The religious stratification you saw there doesn’t exist in Canada, so large paramilitary groups or gangs wouldn’t gain much traction here until long after SHTF day, if at all.
And if you think the Canadian military has any ability to influence anything meaningful, you’re deluded. It doesn’t have the manpower. The navy personnel will never leave the ports, and have little weapons, small unit or aid to civil powers training. Same goes for the air farce.
of the 80k people in the military, only about 10k of that are in army regiments that have the equipment, resources or training to leave their bases. Subtract from that the 3-4 k that are French speaking, that by agreement with Quebec , are prevented from operating outside the borders of Quebec as an aid to civil powers.
That leaves roughly 7k soldiers to maintain order in the rest of the country. That’s not enough to protect a big city, let alone a big country.
The Canadian military has little equipment, few aircraft, it’s bases are small, poorly equipped and maintained and have no ability to provide any meaningful support to any amount of panicked civilians. The military is barely capable of looking after itself.
Why do you think that when there’s a natural disaster in Canada, the military only sends a few hundred soldiers to help? Newfoundland gets snowed under and they send 300 soldiers with shovels bought at Canadian tire. They didn’t airlift in a bunch of heavy equipment because the don’t have the equipment or the airlift capacity.
I was involved in the flooding in Calgary in 2013 and can tell you that the military response was virtually non existent. The sent a few LAV’s to high river to intimidate the people there because they thought there was gonna be a riot. All the soldiers I saw everywhere were unarmed.
The people in the Canadian military are good people. They do a thankless job for governments that hate their existence and do their best to keep them underfunded and on life support. The general populace supports the military for the most part but are totally unaware of how poorly equipped and underfunded it is.
The intentions of the military in a nation wide crisis will be good, but their ability is negligible.
The german government funded a study not too long ago regarding the effects of a total collapse of infrastructure and the supply chain. Conclusion was that after THREE DAYS of empty grocery stores (no restocking), empty gas stations and closed banks civil war would break out. But perhaps germans are a different breed...

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cabela's in Edmonton are now closed temporary until further notice , I was still able to obtain ammo at crappy tire on Manning Dr in Edmonton around 1100 ishh, just letting some of you fine folks know, that is all.

Have a great day, All.

Good to know.
I have around 3000 rounds in total right now, good enough for me.
Have brass, primers, powder and lead to make about double that, except for shot gun shells, I really should go buy some for the 12 gauge, only about 200 and don't load my own.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As someone that did time in the military, and has spent over 20 years as a first responder, I can say that most of what you wrote is your opinion based on what you saw in Bosnia and would not likely happen here. The religious stratification you saw there doesn’t exist in Canada, so large paramilitary groups or gangs wouldn’t gain much traction here until long after SHTF day, if at all.
And if you think the Canadian military has any ability to influence anything meaningful, you’re deluded. It doesn’t have the manpower. The navy personnel will never leave the ports, and have little weapons, small unit or aid to civil powers training. Same goes for the air farce.
of the 80k people in the military, only about 10k of that are in army regiments that have the equipment, resources or training to leave their bases. Subtract from that the 3-4 k that are French speaking, that by agreement with Quebec , are prevented from operating outside the borders of Quebec as an aid to civil powers.
That leaves roughly 7k soldiers to maintain order in the rest of the country. That’s not enough to protect a big city, let alone a big country.
The Canadian military has little equipment, few aircraft, it’s bases are small, poorly equipped and maintained and have no ability to provide any meaningful support to any amount of panicked civilians. The military is barely capable of looking after itself.
Why do you think that when there’s a natural disaster in Canada, the military only sends a few hundred soldiers to help? Newfoundland gets snowed under and they send 300 soldiers with shovels bought at Canadian tire. They didn’t airlift in a bunch of heavy equipment because the don’t have the equipment or the airlift capacity.
I was involved in the flooding in Calgary in 2013 and can tell you that the military response was virtually non existent. The sent a few LAV’s to high river to intimidate the people there because they thought there was gonna be a riot. All the soldiers I saw everywhere were unarmed.
The people in the Canadian military are good people. They do a thankless job for governments that hate their existence and do their best to keep them underfunded and on life support. The general populace supports the military for the most part but are totally unaware of how poorly equipped and underfunded it is.
The intentions of the military in a nation wide crisis will be good, but their ability is negligible.

I joined as a reservist in 1982 and in 84 became a regular, was transferred to CFB Lahr and later to CFB Baden-Sollingen as part of the CFE group(Canadian Forces Europe).
I was deployed under a UN mandate to Cypress. First tour from 87-89. Returned to Canada then redeployed under another UN mandate to Bosnia. 1992-93. I was release from service in late 93. So nearly 20yrs ago.
So your correct I know sweet nothing and i'm talking out of my arse.
Your correct the government is slowly deteriorating the forces because of underfunding, but the heart and sole of our young people then and today has not changed and Canada is very well respected amongst its allies as some of the best trained. They are known to get it done. This is rather a moot point, there is always somebody who will argue.
Thank you.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cabela's in Edmonton are now closed temporary until further notice , I was still able to obtain ammo at crappy tire on Manning Dr in Edmonton around 1100 ishh, just letting some of you fine folks know, that is all.

Have a great day, All.

Now you can online order and do the curbside pickup at Edmonton and Calgary locations.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know.
I have around 3000 rounds in total right now, good enough for me.
Have brass, primers, powder and lead to make about double that, except for shot gun shells, I really should go buy some for the 12 gauge, only about 200 and don't load my own.
Glad you live close to me lol

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I joined as a reservist in 1982 and in 84 became a regular, was transferred to CFB Lahr and later to CFB Baden-Sollingen as part of the CFE group(Canadian Forces Europe).
I was deployed under a UN mandate to Cypress. First tour from 87-89. Returned to Canada then redeployed under another UN mandate to Bosnia. 1992-93. I was release from service in late 93. So nearly 20yrs ago.
So your correct I know sweet nothing and i'm talking out of my arse.
Your correct the government is slowly deteriorating the forces because of underfunding, but the heart and sole of our young people then and today has not changed and Canada is very well respected amongst its allies as some of the best trained. They are known to get it done. This is rather a moot point, there is always somebody who will argue.
Thank you.

Enlighten us, oh wise one....dispute my numbers....tell us where all these soldiers are going to come from to save us from ourselves... give us an example of where these troops are stationed that are going to control Alberta for example....what troops are available to control the 4 million of us who live here....what equipment do they have....or how about the 9 million in Ontario....
like I said before, the people in the forces are good, well meaning, patriotic folks, just not enough of them, not equipped properly or supported by any government. The very few that go overseas and train with allies are well regarded for sure. Trouble is there’s only a few hundred of those. Not enough to ride herd on 35 million people.
Unless all these imaginary “ units” of yours go into the streets and gun down civilians to establish control, the Canadian military as it exists is incapable of controlling the populace. ( And no Canadian soldiers that I served with would ever obey that order)

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enlighten us, oh wise one....dispute my numbers....tell us where all these soldiers are going to come from to save us from ourselves... give us an example of where these troops are stationed that are going to control Alberta for example....what troops are available to control the 4 million of us who live here....what equipment do they have....or how about the 9 million in Ontario....
like I said before, the people in the forces are good, well meaning, patriotic folks, just not enough of them, not equipped properly or supported by any government. The very few that go overseas and train with allies are well regarded for sure. Trouble is there’s only a few hundred of those. Not enough to ride herd on 35 million people.
Unless all these imaginary “ units” of yours go into the streets and gun down civilians to establish control, the Canadian military as it exists is incapable of controlling the populace. ( And no Canadian soldiers that I served with would ever obey that order)

Actually many of the allies come to Canada for training due diverse climate and terrain. I met several British special forces guys when I lived in banff that spent the winter in Calgary or whatever base is close to there. They were part of a training exchange to learn how to ski and winter survival skills. My uncle use to teach survival for the Canadian forces and at 70 years old he still goes for week long walks in the woods around Hinton. When I was in Alabama doing my offshore training for Noble in 2008 my shop hand was ex US airforce. He told me some of the best pilots he ever witnessed were the canadians.

Might not be the flashiest but Canadian forces are known around the world as some of the best even at lower levels of ranks. There isn't many of them but I would stand with them

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I had a buddy in the cdn military. He said in the war games different countries would bring some troops to participate. It was well known to not team up or go against the Canadians as they are known to go, go,go, work crazy hard, are not lazy and don’t stop. He said the US was kinda lazy.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually many of the allies come to Canada for training due diverse climate and terrain. I met several British special forces guys when I lived in banff that spent the winter in Calgary or whatever base is close to there. They were part of a training exchange to learn how to ski and winter survival skills. My uncle use to teach survival for the Canadian forces and at 70 years old he still goes for week long walks in the woods around Hinton. When I was in Alabama doing my offshore training for Noble in 2008 my shop hand was ex US airforce. He told me some of the best pilots he ever witnessed were the canadians.

Might not be the flashiest but Canadian forces are known around the world as some of the best even at lower levels of ranks. There isn't many of them but I would stand with them

I had a buddy in the cdn military. He said in the war games different countries would bring some troops to participate. It was well known to not team up with the Canadians as they are known to go, go,go, work crazy hard, are not lazy and don’t stop. He said the US was kinda lazy.

Both 100% correct.
I was told once by a US Marine, "ONE, JTF is like 5 Marines, a unit could take down an army". It was intended as a joke...but get the picture.
Here I go again talking out of my arse.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both 100% correct.
I was told once by a US Marine, "ONE, JTF is like 5 Marines, a unit could take down an army". It was intended as a joke...but get the picture.
Here I go again talking out of my arse.

All of which have nothing to do with how the current Canadian military would have any ability to maintain order should current society break down.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of which have nothing to do with how the current Canadian military would have any ability to maintain order should current society break down.

Well when a Hum V full of troops with a 50cal roof mount shows up at your door and the tanks from Wainwright start rolling down whyte ave I be your ass will become more than civilized.

Order restored

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well when a Hum V full of troops with a 50cal roof mount shows up at your door and the tanks from Wainwright start rolling down whyte ave I be your ass will become more than civilized.

Order restored
What a dream you must be thinking of USA canukastan could never afford Hum v or too many shots of 50 cal lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I for one am happy our military is weak....look who controls it.

We may not have the best equipment, but I would not say our military is weak.

The Canadian military has a long proud history of “getting **** done”. Just not portayed in American movies.

The Black Devils canadian unit for example terrified German troups with there stealth abilities, If im not mistaken the current JTF2 units training is derived from the black Devils training.

Top Bottom