People are out of control!!!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One guy went into Cabellas and bought $2200.00 worth of freeze dried food!
70 % of ammo and knives were gone. 1 guy asked 1 of the workers if a machete would go through a person's skull.... wtf?!?!

A friend was in the Edmonton Cabela’s 2 weeks ago and someone was asking which broadheads pierce human skin the best...

sho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I guess everyone’s situation different, for me standing in line wrapped around a building to save 50 cents on peanut butter not worth it. My local grocery stores later at night have had 3-6 people in-store shopping and all the items we need no different than I could get at Costco. Shopping local, no crowd herding required, amount I save in fuel and time probably covers the 50 cents on the pb.

I agree, usually I would go straight for the savings, but being in a line up with a bunch of people when we are supposed to be social distancing does not appeal to me. I will go to the stores that are making an effort to sanitize and encourage distance. That is considering their employees' health as best as they can.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend was in the Edmonton Cabela’s 2 weeks ago and someone was asking which broadheads pierce human skin the best...
Could be very valid questions after a few more months of this.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One guy went into Cabellas and bought $2200.00 worth of freeze dried food!
70 % of ammo and knives were gone. 1 guy asked 1 of the workers if a machete would go through a person's skull.... wtf?!?!

This is very sad but a reality.
I spent a large part of my life serving in the arm forces. One of my first assignment before going over seas was being a member of the countries military emergency task force.
Our role was basically what you hear about, when SHTF.
We did extensive training pretty much year round and running different scenarios, drill exercises that were model, to give answer to question's. The arm forces are very good at it.
One that always came true nearly 90-95% of the time during these exercises was that fact that people arming and prepping for dooms day died within the first month of SHTF day.
There are many complex reason reasons for this but one that contributes a lot to this are forming of gangs and paramilitary groups. It would be there first target's, homes and locations where they can take supplies. Those who believe that hoarding thousands of rounds and civil designed AR are up to the task of taking on these groups are dead before it even starts.
Under these mandates our units cannot and will not go out to protect a few for the masses.

My advice as an individual that did 2 tours in the Bosnia Croatia war and have seen what human's can do to each other. If SHTF day comes, pack your family ASAP and find the nearest CAF camp/base and fallow their instruction's.

BTW there is a lot of tough talk on this forum, talk is cheap and most have never served 1min. other then them self, the majority would chit their pants I assure you.
I trained 1 year before going to Europe and I pissed my self a few times and I still have nightmares of the experience, it effects your life for ever. So PLEASE don't glorify it and hope it never happens.
Some of the posts I read on this forum saddens me to think today some Canadians are ungracious FOOL's.

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent a large part of my life serving in the arm forces. One of my first assignment before going over seas was being a member of the countries military emergency task force.
We did extensive training pretty much year round and running different scenarios, drill exercises that were model, to give answer to question's. The arm forces are very good at it.
One that always came true nearly 90-95% of the time during these exercises was that fact that people arming and prepping for dooms day died within the first month of SHTF day.
There are many complex reason reasons for this but one that contributes a lot to this are forming of gangs and paramilitary groups. It would be there first target's, homes and locations where they can take supplies. Those who believe that hoarding thousands of rounds and civil designed AR are up to the task of taking on these groups are dead before it even starts.
Under these mandates our units cannot and will not go out to protect a few for the masses.

My advice as an individual that did 2 tours in the Bosnia Croatia war and have seen what human's can do to each other. If SHTF day comes, pack your family ASAP and find the nearest CAF camp/base and fallow their instruction's.

BTW there is a lot of tough talk on this forum, talk is cheap and most have never served 1min. other then them self, the majority would chit their pants I assure you.
I trained 1 year before going to Europe and I pissed my self a few times and I still have nightmares of the experience, it effects your life for ever. So PLEASE don't glorify it and hope it never happens.
Some of the posts I read on this forum saddens me to think today some Canadians are ungracious FOOL's.

I actually read a detailed report from Venezuela learnings over the past couple years and it’s exactly like you said. Gang mentality kicks in and they went after all the peppers & took supplies. Generally preppers think they will hoard everything and defend it themselves. The people who shared supplies with the community and worked together are the ones who survive.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As someone that did time in the military, and has spent over 20 years as a first responder, I can say that most of what you wrote is your opinion based on what you saw in Bosnia and would not likely happen here. The religious stratification you saw there doesn’t exist in Canada, so large paramilitary groups or gangs wouldn’t gain much traction here until long after SHTF day, if at all.
And if you think the Canadian military has any ability to influence anything meaningful, you’re deluded. It doesn’t have the manpower. The navy personnel will never leave the ports, and have little weapons, small unit or aid to civil powers training. Same goes for the air farce.
of the 80k people in the military, only about 10k of that are in army regiments that have the equipment, resources or training to leave their bases. Subtract from that the 3-4 k that are French speaking, that by agreement with Quebec , are prevented from operating outside the borders of Quebec as an aid to civil powers.
That leaves roughly 7k soldiers to maintain order in the rest of the country. That’s not enough to protect a big city, let alone a big country.
The Canadian military has little equipment, few aircraft, it’s bases are small, poorly equipped and maintained and have no ability to provide any meaningful support to any amount of panicked civilians. The military is barely capable of looking after itself.
Why do you think that when there’s a natural disaster in Canada, the military only sends a few hundred soldiers to help? Newfoundland gets snowed under and they send 300 soldiers with shovels bought at Canadian tire. They didn’t airlift in a bunch of heavy equipment because the don’t have the equipment or the airlift capacity.
I was involved in the flooding in Calgary in 2013 and can tell you that the military response was virtually non existent. The sent a few LAV’s to high river to intimidate the people there because they thought there was gonna be a riot. All the soldiers I saw everywhere were unarmed.
The people in the Canadian military are good people. They do a thankless job for governments that hate their existence and do their best to keep them underfunded and on life support. The general populace supports the military for the most part but are totally unaware of how poorly equipped and underfunded it is.
The intentions of the military in a nation wide crisis will be good, but their ability is negligible.

Top Bottom