Park Mountain Conditions?

BSLAP

Reaction score
Going to Park Mountain with the brother inlaw on Saturday. Anyone been up there lately? How is the snow up top. I have been busy and this will be my first ride up Park Mountain this year.

XPeep

Reaction score
anyone heading up there on sunday? i wouldn't mind checking it out, never been...

BSLAP

Reaction score
anyone heading up there on sunday? i wouldn't mind checking it out, never been...

I might be able to do Sunday as well. I would be by myself. So it would just be the 2 of us unless you have others that want to go.

wildchild

Reaction score
Snow pack is average theres 4 steps showing on chalet stairs 2 weeks ago. Was over the hood powder then and they groomed the trails.

XPeep

Reaction score
I might be able to do Sunday as well. I would be by myself. So it would just be the 2 of us unless you have others that want to go.

i cant go this weekend. Are you going next weekend? i need someone to show me around up there.

BSLAP

Reaction score
i cant go this weekend. Are you going next weekend? i need someone to show me around up there.

I just bought a 2005 Polaris RMK 900 a few weeks ago. Today I got it stuck and when I tried to lift the front end up the bumper snapped right off in my hand. The bumper on these machines are garbage. They have no strength at all. Any way I couldn't get upto Park Mountain today cause the trail from my house is the back way and it had a huge tree blocking the trail. I ended up riding to Tsuius which is about another 45 km past Sugar Lake. We only rode up to the chalet cause they don't let sledders in there till after the cat skiing is done (March 31).

If you are a good rider and are looking for some really good bowls and hill climbs that where we should go. If you really want to go to Park I may be interested in going next week end. We would have to go from the Lumby side (Mable Lake). I will be ordering a new bumper and a few other parts for my sled and I hope to have it fixed by next weekend. If not I can ride my other machine.

I took some pictures of the Tsuius Chalet and will post them tomorrow. None of the pictures are of any thing that great cause I didn't want to go off the groomed trails with my broken bumper.

Paul_C

Reaction score
Well, went to Park yesterday from Mabel lake side. I think it is called Taylor Creek. It has a small parking lot and it was pretty full. The trail up was very icy with a few open spots about 5 kms up. Coming down and those open spots were now one big open mud bod and if this weather keeps up this will be very bad shortly. The mud bog was still skinny enough to get around thank goodness. The rest of the trail up to "the rock" was a little bumpy but ok.

Oh yea, the day was great with lots of sun, had mostly fresh tracks for the day with only about 6" of fresh snow on top of some heavier hero snow. Nice day so we skipped across the ridge and did some exploring on the other side and found more fresh stuff with lots of hills to climb and open spots to carve up.

The season is coming to a close so get in there while you can! :mad:

Cheers,

Paul.

BSLAP

Reaction score
Picture of the groomed trail going up towards the ski runs and bowl past the Tsuius Chalet.

March2009063.jpg

Picture of the Chalet at Tsuius.

March2009064.jpg

Picture of the trail back down Tsuius with Blanket Mountain in the back ground.

March2009067.jpg

BSLAP

Reaction score
Can't wait till after April 1st to go back up to Tsuius for some serious riding. There is a ton of snow up there.

Top Bottom