Parasailing

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I spotted a couple of Para sails for sale, I've done this a few different times commercially and that it was a blast...

The guys says they do it behind sleds on lakes in the winter as well....

In the summer he says they take off from the beach but land into the water....

Any one done this privately.... ???

Anyone want the first ride?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never tried it, but it does look like fun.

watched these guys across the lake from Kelowna at Bear Creek drag this poor girl across the beach on her face to the water....she was about 50 feet out into the water from shore when they stopped. so the dude slams this low profile v drive into reverse and promptly submarines it and sinks. it was awesome

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
have one, pull it with 18ft larson and gt200 johnson, havent used it in years, guess novelty wore off and takes a few peeps to keep air in chute while dude runs on beach before liftoff. dad had top of parasail fold just as he jumped off of about a 4 ft ledge and got slammed into a boat parked on beach

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching the boat sink like that would be funny to watch, but not funny from the girls perspective...

I think I have got the take off's sorted out, as I've done some hang gliding, take off's require 5 people, boat driver and spotter, one rider, and two to hold the chute until it fills...

Just trying to learn what I can about landing.....

Even all the accident reports I could find talk about, idiots going out with to high of wind, poor or damaged equipment....several ropes broke and riders are then at the mercy of the wind and or lack of...

Seen some pretty stupid moves from boats drivers, okay that's another thread....

never tried it, but it does look like fun.

watched these guys across the lake from Kelowna at Bear Creek drag this poor girl across the beach on her face to the water....she was about 50 feet out into the water from shore when they stopped. so the dude slams this low profile v drive into reverse and promptly submarines it and sinks. it was awesome

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can always use the new sails to move the family donkey around :d:d

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEep5BrexT0[/media]

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have one, pull it with 18ft larson and gt200 johnson, havent used it in years, guess novelty wore off and takes a few peeps to keep air in chute while dude runs on beach before liftoff. dad had top of parasail fold just as he jumped off of about a 4 ft ledge and got slammed into a boat parked on beach

I have one too-You need a heavy boat,but not much HP.I fill the boat with people (18' Sidewinder/235 OMC).I found no more slips/dragging when we don't let the passenger run at all,just keep balance as two people scoop air for the chute.Always land in water.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I spotted a couple of Para sails for sale, I've done this a few different times commercially and that it was a blast...

The guys says they do it behind sleds on lakes in the winter as well....

In the summer he says they take off from the beach but land into the water....

Any one done this privately.... ???

Anyone want the first ride?

havent tried this but seen it before

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got to experience parisailing once on okagnogan lake. Honestly I was nervous at first of course cause I didn't understand it or know what to expect. But lift off was smooth and the accent was steady. When the boat slowed down and you started to come down as they kept some tension in the rope till your feet touch the water and you pop back up that was cool. Once you are up there though it was almost boring. You can barely hear the boat or anything at all. Kicking or trying to swing around was futile, nothing happened, it was all a really secure ride. Landing on the beach was cool. As the boat screams towards the shore and cuts a $h1t hook and you swing wide over the road and gently pull you back towards the beach as you decend.

I'd deffinetly do it agian though, given the chance to make it a bit more "fun" (dangerous)

Top Bottom