Painting

threatready

Reaction score
I was thingking of changing the colour of my yellow side pannels on my mxz renegade to black. Is it worth my effort to try and use some Krylon Fusion and paint them? If not any other suggestions or locations to buy black side pannels?
thanks
-Joe

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thingking of changing the colour of my yellow side pannels on my mxz renegade to black. Is it worth my effort to try and use some Krylon Fusion and paint them? If not any other suggestions or locations to buy black side pannels?
thanks
-Joe
Look on ebay....brew_doo got side panels with vents in them for a song.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thingking of changing the colour of my yellow side pannels on my mxz renegade to black. Is it worth my effort to try and use some Krylon Fusion and paint them? If not any other suggestions or locations to buy black side pannels?thanks-Joe
I believe I remember seeing a set of black panels on e-bay yesterday for 50 bones a piece. They are even located in Winnipeg sothe shipping shouldn't be that bad. I just checked and there is only a day left in the auction so check it out. Search under 'rev hood'. No bids on them yet. Let me know how you make out. I am looking for a rev hood if you have one you want to sell.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks
-Joe

Do not even entertain the thought of painting your stock panels. There is no paint on the market that can handle the punishment that those panels will take from frozen snow and ice beating on them at the speed and temps. that we all put our sleds through. Plastic or any polymere does not accept paint very well. Better to replace the panels with black ones as mentioned above.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you still want to change your color to something custom without grafixs. Plastic has to be dyed. There is a company in edmonton called fibrenew, and one in Kelowna called ARC (appearance reconditioning). They specialize in dying vinyl, leather and plastic. Try given them a call. I dealt with ARC before and they did an amazing job on a torn seat. can't even tell it was repaired.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe I remember seeing a set of black panels on e-bay yesterday for 50 bones a piece. They are even located in Winnipeg sothe shipping shouldn't be that bad. I just checked and there is only a day left in the auction so check it out. Search under 'rev hood'. No bids on them yet. Let me know how you make out. I am looking for a rev hood if you have one you want to sell.

rev hood!
I have a Orange one from my 2004 summit highmark! and many more parts
let me know

threatready

Reaction score
Well I have an 05 renegade and it has yellow side pannels, bumper and back compartment. I wanted to make an all black sled, then cover it with stickers of course.

Top Bottom