Painting a hood

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to paint a green hood white to accommodate a wrap better? The green isn't going to match the purple wrap the gf ordered from HTR and I'm having issues finding her a white hood, I don't want to get a non stock hood as it would require an aftermarket air box so unless the menstoys hoods can be modified to fit the stock crap it's not an option, thanks for any help

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few year back I had the hood on my 700 rmk painted by a good body/paint guy. Other than running into stuff, the paint still looks good.

plumcrazycuda5

Reaction score
Im not sure on this but im sure you can just use an automotive paint but will probably need a primer/sealer to seal the fiberglass before painting. I would go talk to an autobody supply shop if you have one in the area.

plumcrazycuda5

Reaction score
If there is no special products involved all you need to do is scuff up the original paint with scotchbrite or a real fine sandpaper, clean it real good with a paint prep/ degreaser, prime it, give the primer a light sand, clean again then paint. Make sure it is nice and clean before priming and painting.

Top Bottom