p-85 on a 670?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have to get the taper remachined. is my understanding.

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so apopearently ski doo made 2 types of cranks, the shorter taper will fit the p85 and the longer one will not

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The taper (angle) is different between the stub end of the crank (regardless if it is long or short) and the clutch. It can be machined to fit. That said - make DAMN SURE that you have the primary balanced to reduce the possibility of crank issues. I believe you can still buy a P-85 already cut and balanced for your doo from specialty sleds or mountain magic in Edm.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The taper (angle) is different between the stub end of the crank (regardless if it is long or short) and the clutch. It can be machined to fit. That said - make DAMN SURE that you have the primary balanced to reduce the possibility of crank issues. I believe you can still buy a P-85 already cut and balanced for your doo from specialty sleds or mountain magic in Edm.

snowmobilerecyclers on here has one ready to install contact him if interested. offered it to me but i went with a newer tra instead

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick up the P-85 style they use on the 2002 thru 2005 Edge 800. Some people call it a bullnose because it uses a wider bearing on the cover for better support. Take it to Mots and he does a taper cut for around $80.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snowmobilerecyclers on here has one ready to install contact him if interested. offered it to me but i went with a newer tra instead

Yes - what he said^^ Contact Dusty at Snowmobile Recyclers....the clutch is in good condition, I might know the previous owner.......:cool:

Top Bottom