Overseas in the new year!!!

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else on here that has a job or career over seas???
Looks like I might be heading over to Oman in the new year for 35 in & 35 out!!! Looking forward to it (hehe........ the 35 days off for sledding anyways :d)

RN

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine is sitting in the middle of the Caspian Sea on a rig right now. He's not too happy about it though:rant:, but the money is really good. Congrates Murry:d:beer:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent just over 4.5 years working overseas (S.America), mostly 28/32 rotation. I quit when it was time to start having kids as I didn't want to be away from them for that amount of time.
I can tell you this:
1) Days at home go by in a blur
2) Days away go by like a prison sentence
3) Be prepared to have a lot of time by yourself if your wife/girfriend works. I found myself waiting around for the weekend lots since everybody was working.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack here but,:nono: Don your crank is ready. lol.
That post is really going to make Murry happy.................not!:d:rant:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been working over seas on and off for the last 8 years. You'll start to hate the airports, security, waiting in lines were if your not pushy you won't get anywhere. One more thing you love the jet leg...3days at least to get back on schedule.:d
Who are you going to work for in Oman?

Are you back up in DV?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been working over seas on and off for the last 8 years. You'll start to hate the airports, security, waiting in lines were if your not pushy you won't get anywhere. One more thing you love the jet leg...3days at least to get back on schedule.:d

Are you back up in DV?

Ditto on the airport thing. I still travel a fair bit domestically with a couple of trips overseas thrown in every year for good measure.
We used to get business class all the time but now we only get it if it's a "customer pay" job. Coach really sucks for anything over 3 or so hours. Hopefully your deal is business/first for air.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Looks like I might be heading over to Oman in the new year for 35 in & 35 out!!! Looking forward to it (hehe........ the 35 days off for sledding anyways :d)

RN

Our whole oilpatch might be looking for jobs south of here or overseas:eek:

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are you back up in DV?

just back today........ looks like about 3 or 4 days here then not sure where

RN

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
well its already my second newyears now in ca away from home
:):):)
cause i call home germany overseas !!!

Mountainblue

Reaction score
I am in Muscat today and it is warm and beats the cold. It is not that I work here on a shift just that I have a job to do for PDO for 11 days and I can not wait to go home Dec 9 2008. Too much news about India and it is too close to here. The jet lag does take some time to get over and the airports suck with the lay overs and the plane seats are too small to sleep in if you are over 6 feet.
You will enjoy the days off but the 30 plus plane ride is not much to enjoy.

Cheers:beer:

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score

RN

Good Luck RN I hope it works out well for you..........:d:d:beer:

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MurraY:

Are you working for a Canadian company? Or are you going in as a contractor,etc. One of the best things about offshaore is the Overseas Employment Tax Credit - really reduces tax bite here at home. But it is pretty specific and a little pre-planning goes a long way.

Top Bottom