Overheating

kawikrazy

Reaction score
Is there any way to stop the radiator from plugging off with mud on a 2008 Kawasaki 650 bruteforce? Seriously cuts into quadtime having to wash it out everytime you cross a stream.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Maybe the problem is something in the cooling system.Thermostat stuck ??It shouldn;t overheat that fast

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can try putting in MOCOOL it's made MOTUL about 20 bucks for 500ml. It solved my heat problems on my 07 700 Grizzly. I haven't had a problem since and it's been over a year. You only need like 30 ml of the stuff and it makes your engine run 15 degrees C cooler. Helps even if your rad is plugged.

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that it is actually overheating? Is coolant coming out, or is it just a faulty sensor that keeps going off, How do I know, it happened to me. Just saying obviosly that there's more to it if it's happening all the time.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my Brute when I first got it, first mudhole and I was overheating. I built some sides that keep the mud from the tires from flying into the front and rear of the rad and that helped alot. Ended up putting a highlifter triple core rad in now I could ride thick mud for a month straight and not overheat.

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the triple core rad from? I have been hearing alot of good things about them and wouldn't mind putting one on my Renegade.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the triple core rad from? I have been hearing alot of good things about them and wouldn't mind putting one on my Renegade.

I got mine from Kevin at Rapid Revolutions and he orders the direct from Highlifter as they make them but I don't think you can get them for any other machine other than the Grizz 660 and the Brute force unless you want to relocate but that would be tough on a renny with no front racks. Check with Highlifter but like I say I think it is a no go for the other machines.

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got mine from Kevin at Rapid Revolutions and he orders the direct from Highlifter as they make them but I don't think you can get them for any other machine other than the Grizz 660 and the Brute force unless you want to relocate but that would be tough on a renny with no front racks. Check with Highlifter but like I say I think it is a no go for the other machines.

I know a few guys around Prince George that have them on their Outlanders. Thanks, I will check it out though.:d:):d

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca

I have a triple core in stock.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this is what I did to my 650I when it started over heating.I took the front screen out and built a metal frame the same size.The I took some Pleather(Fake leather) and cut it to the same size of the frame.The I sewed a piece of door screen to the Pleather.I also sewed a piece of velco to the pleather and used a sticky back piece of velco and stuck that on the frame.Now I can go through anything and when it gets full I just pull it off and give it a shake to clean it.

Top Bottom