Overheating question 07 600 HO

beeledf

Reaction score
Im new to sledding and already getting frustrated. I bought a 2007 RMK 600 as a first sled, and overall I love it. I can see me upgrading once I get some skill and figure out how to point these damn things where I want them to go. This is way harder then racing supersport bikes!!

After getting the top end done on a "mint" machine, I was riding back to the truck on hardpacked snow and it over heated and the temp light came on and it ran like garbage. I shut it off immediately and that was my lesson on the tunnel coolers.

I have always kept one eye on the temp gauge since then. We went to Golden on the weekend and it ran great at Blaeberry the first day, Quartz the second day. Then we went to Hospital Creek on the third day and it overheated on the way up, twice. The trail into Hospital Creek was no more packed then Quartz and as a matter of fact, the whoops on the Quartz trail were rediculous, I can't have been kicking up more snow that day then at Hospital.

I don't get it. In the soft snow it cools down quick as expected but how is it I can't get up a trail like Hospital. Makes no sense to me

snowhunter

Reaction score
U have to use ur scratchers on the trail with a Polaris there are no exemptions unless there is a foot of fresh on the trail

vans

Reaction score
Not on hard pack spend 60 bucks and ride. No worries just remember to put them up when you go off trail

elkkiller

Reaction score
Scratchers will solve a lot of your issues, we run them pretty much every day until we get "off the Trail" . $60 can make your life a lot better

Top Bottom