Overcoming Injury

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my sled finally shows up, I get the time off work, trip booked, and new riding gear finally came in the mail. What do I do? Break my hand. Now I know it isn't too serious of an injury and should be back into riding around mid January. What did some of you guys that have missed seasons, or part of seasons due to injury do to keep yourself busy and pass time?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tore my MCL a few years back while sledding at Eagles. Not fun and had to baby it for months so could not do anything else either.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I had shoulder surgery I bought an Xbox 360. Helped pass the time between trips to physio.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years back tore bicept tendon on left arm WCB related on Nov 16 was told would be off till spring sold everything sled related with a serial # did not need the temptation staring at me. Sitting around was hard but had to be done got my certification for septic installation and never looked back.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent the time pestering, tormenting, irritating, and generally driving my wife bananas. At least it was entertaining. ( for me anyway )

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20 years ago I was very sick and it changed my life forever. I had lots of time to recover and a close friend would bring me things to read to past the time ( no internet back then). one of those was a sledding magazine. I went out and bought 2 new sleds and when I was able to go out for the first time wow what a great sport I thought . having time away from work and going though the recovery process gave me the time that I needed to look at everything in my life. So now I look back and think that time off was awesome!!!

Top Bottom