Over the boot pants or in the boot pants?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i'm getting a dirt bike this week and i'm thinking of what pants to get I have no gear at all. so I was thinking of getting the over the boot style of pants for trail riding anyone got any input on this thanks john.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer over the boot. Easier to fit over knee/shin guards and my Thor's have zip off legs so if it's cooking out I can wear them as shorts for more airflow.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys im thinking the over the boot would be best i'm liking the Sidi boots but trying to find a good deal.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the over the boot one too that zip off into shorts. Love them. I need to buy a smaller size now though. They keep the boots cleaner

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over the boot is all I wear for off road riding thor waterproof
You. Can't go wrong with sidi boots best boots I have ever had zero break in time super comfortable I have the chargers
I wanted the crossfires until I tried them one and they did not feel right for my feet the charger felt great the second I tried them one

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have wicked over the boots styles here. I have thor and Fly racing.. super cool.
Real wild I started a Family gear swap on Facebook . check it out. Every little bit helps.

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
The only problem with over the boot is that you can get the cuff caught on the foot peg when you stop and put your foot down. Been there done that!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only problem with over the boot is that you can get the cuff caught on the foot peg when you stop and put your foot down. Been there done that!
both my klim Baja pants as well as my thor pants have Velcro you can tighten up the cuffs, in 4 years of riding with them I haven't done that yet. but now that I've said it.....it will happen. thanks Mr Husaberg you dick :D

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both my klim Baja pants as well as my thor pants have Velcro you can tighten up the cuffs, in 4 years of riding with them I haven't done that yet. but now that I've said it.....it will happen. thanks Mr Husaberg you dick :D
Please be wearing a helmet cam when you do this....

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Shift Freestyle pants are awesome and over the boot. Never had an issue while pulling off a superman, kiss of death, backflip, or a signature Jermy Mcgrath "Knack Knack" :D

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree that over the boot pants can get caught on things like the pegs. I have 3 pair with shredded bottoms to show it. I have missed a shift here and there when it happens and always in the gnarly rocky section.

It doesn't matter how tight you can get them, ride enough and it can happen.

That being said, I do like the over the boot zip off style. All of mine have been Shift. I am switching back to in boot pants though. There are a few off road series that have pockets which is nice.

sent from a top secret location

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In very intrigued what the secret location is you are messaging from lol

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in a top secret location riding new sleds this past winter. The location on my phone just stayed the same.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool thought you were a navy seal or something lol

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was actually recruited by the CIA out of school but ended up going a different route. I have been fortunate enough to live in many places in NorthAmerica rather than being stationed in Europe living under a false identity and trying to live a normal life.

This way I get to enjoy talking about bikes and sleds and how I now prefer in boot pants vs over the boot.

:cool:

Top Bottom