Outwest Campground Trails

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup and the upper Tay and everywhere else out there. Its gross... But lets close quadding because of erosion. :rolleyes:

They are closing areas because of erosion, random use of areas, grizzly bears and westslope cutthroat trout protection of habitat and watersheds systems from silt. Just wait will know how much soon. Enjoy them while you can. Its true. Coming to a area near you soon

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Falls creek is an environmental closure. Lol. In other words. Clear cut as far as the eye can see. I'm Blown away at how the logging has left that area.

I have searched hi ad low for any info on a Falls Creek closer and can find nothing. As far as I know, the trail is open but you can no longer get to it from the logging road to the South becuase cops will ticket you for tresspassing.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i could not find anything showing one the AEP website to say that fall creek area is closed either

Gramstyle

Reaction score
We run a fully marked trail for the campout, it's actually easy to follow even when it's not campout time. If you head down the hill from the campground to the highway, head west in the ditch to the next road south follow pink & black ribbons.

We're heading to Outwest tonight for the weekend. Just confirming that if we follow these directions we should be good to find the loop?

Is it pretty standard trail riding or are there lots of mud pits, etc ?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We're heading to Outwest tonight for the weekend. Just confirming that if we follow these directions we should be good to find the loop?

Is it pretty standard trail riding or are there lots of mud pits, etc ?
Pretty standard trail riding. Any "mud pit" have trails around them.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're heading to Outwest this weekend and are looking for some good, family friendly trails. Not into getting stuck in a big mud pit, just looking for a few nice loops to do.

Are there any maps available?

I will be going Sunday, I'm somewhat familiar however I generally don't know which of Murminators "holes to avoid" until it's too late.....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be going Sunday, I'm somewhat familiar however I generally don't know which of Murminators "holes to avoid" until it's too late.....

Wednesday ??

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just pin it.....

Yes an early 70th b-day present for mom.....rip in the Highlifter..
Last time she was out she started to take it down the ally, I told her about the fine and stuff involved, she just said she'd play the "I'm old card".....

Last edited:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Most of the real deep holes on well ridden trails i ran into had hard bottoms some were very deep though.
I ran into a couple that would have ended bad if my ATV wasn't snorkeled but at the same time they were hard bottomed so it wasn't a problem getting out

Obviously the powerlines with huge fields of broken muskeg should likely just be avoided.
I traversed a couple cutlines out there with some super swampy skeg and people were getting stuck left and right so we just turned around.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the real deep holes on well ridden trails i ran into had hard bottoms some were very deep though.
I ran into a couple that would have ended bad if my ATV wasn't snorkeled but at the same time they were hard bottomed so it wasn't a problem getting out

Obviously the powerlines with huge fields of broken muskeg should likely just be avoided.
I traversed a couple cutlines out there with some super swampy skeg and people were getting stuck left and right so we just turned around.

Obviously the powerlines with huge fields of broken muskeg should be driven into causing axles to break and snap winch lines. overheat machines and cause extensive repairs

Thus supporting the local dealers

Gramstyle

Reaction score
Big shout out to TylerG for helping me find the Pink and Black Ribbon Trail. We covered a total of 38 km, I think we lost the trail shortly after the creek crossing, and then the kids were tired so we just booted it back to camp.

Also, not sure if Todd and Mike are on here, but thanks for the very good map to The Rock! Almost made it there but got a flat tire right before the little red sign

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Big shout out to TylerG for helping me find the Pink and Black Ribbon Trail. We covered a total of 38 km, I think we lost the trail shortly after the creek crossing, and then the kids were tired so we just booted it back to camp. Also, not sure if Todd and Mike are on here, but thanks for the very good map to The Rock! Almost made it there but got a flat tire right before the little red sign
there are a couple creek crossings, but I'm glad you managed to find some of it! Glad to have helped you out.

HOTLAP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are a couple creek crossings, but I'm glad you managed to find some of it! Glad to have helped you out.

I wonder if we could start a sticky in this section just for trail maps?, that way everyone could post any maps they have (even hand drawn would be helpful).

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we could start a sticky in this section just for trail maps?, that way everyone could post any maps they have (even hand drawn would be helpful).

I can draw all the axle snapping holes no problem.

Good idea

Top Bottom