Outwest Campground Trails

73-bronco

Reaction score
I've got my annual trip to Outwest planned for July 1st weekend. We've done for a few years now. We like the mud and the tighter trails to ride. Does anyone have a good map of the area. Seems like every year we end up hitting the same trails or going in circles.

Is there any good falls by that could be round trip in a day from the campground?

KnifeFan007

Reaction score
Can't be certain but I was told that the road going into the staging area for Falls Creek was closed to the public due to logging but it was still aright to access Falls Creek from Out West. Maybe some can confirm.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I know , the falls creek area is totally off limits, think there was actually a few people fined there not so long ago, I do know the road in is closed to ohv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not get caught in the creek, $20,000 max fine, a mandatory court appearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gramstyle

Reaction score
We're heading to Outwest this weekend and are looking for some good, family friendly trails. Not into getting stuck in a big mud pit, just looking for a few nice loops to do.

Are there any maps available?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Falls creek is an environmental closure. Lol. In other words. Clear cut as far as the eye can see. I'm Blown away at how the logging has left that area.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Falls creek is an environmental closure. Lol. In other words. Clear cut as far as the eye can see. I'm Blown away at how the logging has left that area.

Yup and the upper Tay and everywhere else out there. Its gross... But lets close quadding because of erosion. :rolleyes:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda why i stopped going.

go out there , dont know where to go , end up going in circles for 2 days and hate the entire experience.

i asked the same question like 5 years ago.

It would be nice to know which trails have a dead end or which loop around some where and return.

if your like me unless it goes to a amazing spot you hate riding to a dead end and back.

I never did find the waterfalls and everyone i rode with said this sucks lets go somewhere else.

all GPS logs and printed maps should be provided before every campout so people know if they are going into a good trail or dead ends.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
kinda why i stopped going.

go out there , dont know where to go , end up going in circles for 2 days and hate the entire experience.

i asked the same question like 5 years ago.

It would be nice to know which trails have a dead end or which loop around some where and return.

if your like me unless it goes to a amazing spot you hate riding to a dead end and back.

I never did find the waterfalls and everyone i rode with said this sucks lets go somewhere else.

all GPS logs and printed maps should be provided before every campout so people know if they are going into a good trail or dead ends.
We run a fully marked trail for the campout, it's actually easy to follow even when it's not campout time. If you head down the hill from the campground to the highway, head west in the ditch to the next road south follow pink & black ribbons.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We run a fully marked trail for the campout, it's actually easy to follow even when it's not campout time. If you head down the hill from the campground to the highway, head west in the ditch to the next road south follow pink & black ribbons.

About 65km, wasn't it Teeg? It was an awesome loop, lots of great scenery.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
About 65km, wasn't it Teeg? It was an awesome loop, lots of great scenery.
pretty close yes, I can't remember if it was 65 or 73....... We changing it up a bit this year hopefully, get some new terrain into the loop. Would love to be able to get it certified and protected as an ATV Trail, and am working on getting info on how to do that.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
pretty close yes, I can't remember if it was 65 or 73....... We changing it up a bit this year hopefully, get some new terrain into the loop. Would love to be able to get it certified and protected as an ATV Trail, and am working on getting info on how to do that.

and off that loop there is still another 100 trails

oldrzr

Reaction score
we have rode out there for the last 4-5 years and have put well over a 1000 km's on the trails. just have to do lots of exploring and have fun. looking forward to the july 8th weekend sounds like a lot of fun. see you all then.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
we have rode out there for the last 4-5 years and have put well over a 1000 km's on the trails. just have to do lots of exploring and have fun. looking forward to the july 8th weekend sounds like a lot of fun. see you all then.
make sure you buy your tickets in advance if you have a spot booked for the Jamboree Weekend, we will be charging $5 more per ticket at the campground. https://ticketbud.com/events/5aa72f78-165d-11e6-af0b-bf2ef4648a30

Top Bottom