Outlaws or silverbacks

Tippmannr

Reaction score
IMO Outlaws. Better ride, lighter, and what not.
If your mud racing though i'd go for Silverbacks.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They both work well. While riding one winter with people who had both the silverbacks seemed to work better. That is what I bought and have been happy with them. They are a real bitch to mount though.

Sammy

Reaction score
I have run both the original 29.5" laws and now 30" backs and have been happy with both. The laws do ride smoother at low speeds, but would hardly consider the difference in ride to be a deciding factor. Once you are travelling faster than 6-7 mph the slight lumpiness of the backs disappear, not to mention you only notice the ride on hard smooth ground. Most trails are rough enough that you will not notice the difference anyways. I ride more skeg than mud and prefer the way the laws seem to stay on top of the skeg, either way both tires have a distinct advantage over the less aggresive all terrain tires when riding in the muskeg.

Wear on both tires seem comparable as you will find the center lug tips to round off fairly quick on the rear tires if riding on hard terrain. I have used my backs on everything from miles of muskeg to the rocky trails in the cadomin area or at Prairie creek. I have approximately 1500 miles on the backs and would say there is probably 75-80 percent wear left on the rear tires.

I am waiting on my outlaw 2's to arrive and hopefully have a comparison to them as well fairly soon.

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
start by ordering axels. friend of mine snapped two front axels. brand new 1000 outlander. just stating the facts,not trying to bash anyone.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 28" silver backs now. If I was to buy again I would get 27" silverbacks. Next quad will probably be a can am 1000(either one) and would put those on.

dirk660

Reaction score
start by ordering axels. friend of mine snapped two front axels. brand new 1000 outlander. just stating the facts,not trying to bash anyone.
does he have a lift? i would run at least 29.5's either outlaw 1's or 2's. can run outlaws with stock clutching on the 1000 if you want. they seem to work good.

redneckoutty

Reaction score
My buddy is runnin 28 inch silverbacks on his outty 1000. Works good. Don't need a lift to clear them and he is running stock clutching. But it is hard on axles and tie rods.

dasboot

Reaction score
Looked at both for my Rene............... went with silverback 28 10 and 12,s on stock wheels with 1 inch spacers. Have been great so far 700 miles 50/50 trail/heavy mud. No axles or tie rods. Love em............will probably go with 29.5 outlaws next time just to answer these questions...lol or maybe not!!!

Top Bottom